WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Our Technical Team has an exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Garment Technologist to join our growing team. We are looking for a passionate, hands-on, multi-talented individual who will grow with the company and add value to our team. The position is permanent and there is strong career progression into Junior Garment Technologist for the right candidate.
- Send out all parcels and ensure courier Tracker is up to date
- Help organise and manage any sample requests from the DC
- Work alongside the Design and Product departments to develop products, ensuring the quality standards meet our customers and business expectations
- Inspect and measure garments for fit meetings.
- Assist in fit meetings with Technical, Design and Merchandising teams to ensure samples meet the correct design aesthetic from initial concept into reality.
- Work with the Technical team to issue and grade product specs, ensuring the suppliers fully understand and apply instructions
- Work with the Technical team to review test reports and issue care instructions
- Ensure fit comments are sent out in a timely manner so that delivery schedules are kept and key deadlines are met
- Advise Suppliers on any quality related problems as required.
- Develop good working relationships with our vendor base.
- Liaising across teams and with Vendors to resolve any queries.
- Liaising with the Web team for customer and product queries
- Support the technical team wherever needed
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THE ROLE?
- A working knowledge of fitting, grading and garment construction
- A good understanding of yarns, fabrics and testing procedures
- Fully understand customer needs and demands and commerciality
- Good interpersonal skills – able to build and manage relationships with colleagues and Vendors. Communication is key at all times.
- A team player who is also capable of working on their own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management and the ability to prioritise in a busy environment
- Someone ambitious who is looking to grow with the company and always striving for improvements in all aspects of the business, is innovative and forward thinking.
- A relevant qualification in Textiles or Fashion at degree or equivalent level
- Computer literate MS Word and Excel.
A BIT ABOUT ALLSAINTS AND THE TEAM
WHY IS ALLSAINTS FOR ME?
Your career matters to us and we will do what it takes to help you on your journey in life. You’ll be challenging yourself and your leadership. The opportunities will be there and you’ll be working within an environment that rewards hard work and innovation. Internal promotion is the norm not the exception and you’ll be supported in your ambition to reach the next step of your career.
You’ll be working in our East London Studios based in London’ vibrant Shoreditch with perks and benefits offered from local businesses including discounts on food, shopping and health & beauty. In addition to this we offer competitive pay and benefits package that includes an amazing employee uniform allowance and discount.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we very much look forward to working with you.
THE ALLSAINTS TEAM
Here at AllSaints we pride ourselves on our customer centric global team and our vision to continually make the coolest clothes to evoke emotion for our customers, worldwide.
AllSaints is proud to be identified as one team; everything about our style and creativity is curated in-house, from store design and construction to our brand image & clothing design. We are truly an agile business which works at pace and takes responsibility in the work we produce.
We are a brand embarking on a very exciting plan and we are seeking new members of the team who want to contribute to this.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
Customer Centric: We work as one proud team to get the best for our customers
One Team: We are joined up and encourage others to share their ideas
Work at Pace: We know our goals, and we work with clear outcomes in mind
Take Responsibility: We are self aware, understand the impact we have on others and are positive about the future