WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
WHAT WE DO
As the North America People & Culture Team, we ensure that we attract, develop and retain our people through partnering with managers throughout the brand and equip them with the tools needed to evolve our people and build a culture that inspires and engages our people.
In this role, you will create and shape our people strategy across our corporate office, distribution center and retail client groups across North America. You will build credible relationships as you and your team partner with our directors and senior leaders. You’ll lead our team of 7 supporting performance management, benefits, recruitment, worker’s compensation and engagement.
We are transforming our culture and embarking on a culture shift and you’ll be part of developing our engagement approach and strategy, be the lead on the development of our values, and coach leaders on how to get the best from their talented teams. It’s a brilliant hybrid of an operational and strategic role, and would suit an experienced people partner looking for a challenge of developing culture and partnering at a senior level to have a real business impact. You’ll be a key part of our people leadership team and report to our Managing Director of North America.
- Ensure the Brand integrity of the Company is reflected at all times.
Engagement & Performance Management
- Lead global engagement feedback and actions within teams to continue to evolve the brand
- Lead appraisal process and provide guidance and training
- Lead people strategy and support corporate/field leadership by providing strategic and objective guidance regarding operations, recruitment, succession planning, performance management and leadership development.
- Review, implement and ensure we always meet our legal compliance obligations (both federal, provincial and state-specific)
- High level of experience with performance management processes and ability to make valued recommendations to managers. Review documentation and provide guidance as needed.
- Experience with investigating harassment, discrimination, wage & hour, and other work-related claims.
- Ability to accurately assess performance and potential within internal/external talent pools and lead interactive talent sessions to identify top tier talent with our internal teams.
- Support leaders in identifying performance and engagement issues, identify trends from talent planning, performance management, and develop strategies to address capability/succession gaps
- Collaborative in approach and build trust-based relationships with executives, managers, and employees to ensure an open door policy.
- Help identify areas for learning & development, provide recommendations/resources to management
- Lead Recognition and Anniversary programs for North America
- Attract and recruit the best talent to grow our business
- Build partnerships with universities and key vendors to source pipeline of talent
- Manage Talent Acquisition for all Corporate level positions and Senior Field Leadership roles
- Review and manage recruitment budget for department
- Lead onboarding of all Corporate and Sr. Field Leadership
HR Operations, Payroll & Benefits
- Lead Benefits and Worker’s Compensation strategy and make key decision on benefit plans for North America
- Launch annual open enrollment process
- Maintain vendor relationships to maximize health and wellness schemes
- Oversee all LOA cases managed by the team
- Oversee billing and reconciliation of benefit carriers
- Act as the Client Admin/Super User for HRIS system, Dayforce/Ceridian\
- Accountable for HRIS upkeep, which includes auditing systems and ensuring teams are well versed in our Company platforms.
- Approve Payroll for North America and ensure wage and hour compliance across brand
- Manage compensation band and ensure brand is competitive to attract and keep top talent
- Partner with Finance and Leadership to develop robust incentive programs to drive business
- Lead HR analytics to ensure robust reporting such as headcount, turnover, exit and payroll data is effective and drives results
*This is a brief description of the role and does not include all job duties. Job duties may change as business needs arise.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THE ROLE?
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 – 10 years of relevant experience in Human Resources - experience in fashion retail company preferable
- Must have at least 5 – 7 years HR Business Partner or equivalent experience leading teams and building out HR functions required
- Must be well versed in federal and state regulations, including but not limited to wage & hour, EEOC, leave of absences, risk management, employee investigations and EDD/Benefit claims for US and Canada
- Bachelor’s degree required, PHR/SPHR preferred
- Acts with integrity at all times and is able to keep confidential information.
- Must be proficient with Google platforms (Sheets, Keep, Slides, Docs) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) particularly in Excel with the ability to successfully utilize pivot tables and data functions such as VLOOKUP
- Preferred experience using the HRM platform Ceridian and WFM / Scheduling platform Dayforce
- Versatile and flexible; embraces change and is consistently able to develop and adapt
- Driven to learn and grow, grasp new concepts quickly, prioritizes efficiently and is organized
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; follows professional presentation when speaking to all levels, from executives to team members
- Strong follow up, follow through and attention to detail needed and ability to meet deadlines
- Works with pace and takes initiative on projects and assignments
- Ability to multitask and prioritize when being given multiple assignments at once
- Must be a self-starter, energetic, and have a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Bi-lingual preferred