WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
The Design department is the epicenter of our DNA and influences every part of our brand. We play a key role in setting the tone and direction of the brand visually, commercially and ensure that our customer receive the product they desire.
Product Development is responsible for realising Design’s vision of product within the financial, seasonal and logistical framework of the brand’s sourcing base.
- Adhere to company wide Critical Path, pre-planning to meet strict deadlines, tracking sample progression and ready dates and solving any issues if they are due to cause delays
- Support the Designers through the development of the collection.
- Liaise with the Sourcing Offices, trim suppliers and fabric mills to source or develop fabrics, trims, raw materials etc..
- Negotiate on fabric prices to achieve best possible margins.
- Order fabric sampling and trims
- Manage the process of component approval in to production - liaising with Production and Merchandise Teams.
- Develop relationships with vendors in various regions to meet sourcing strategies and design intent
- Develop aesthetic and technical capabilities of existing suppliers; seek new suppliers as required
- Meet cost and margin targets by negotiating product features and attributes between Design and Merchandising
- Apply knowledge of product development to ensure 1st time right mentality across the board
- Build comprehensive tech packs, range boards
- Be the central communication point between suppliers, design and merchandising
- Ability to manage between and amongst functions with competing priorities and agendas: Technical, Design, Merchandising, Sourcing
- Interface with and inform global Sourcing teams of product in development; product innovation; product research; product adoption
- Work seasons in advance to drive innovation and develop brand resource library
- Demonstrated development capabilities within various fabrications
- Demonstrated taste level that aligns with All Saints Design and design intent
- Methodical, analytical and solutions driven
- Ability to work under pressure; calm in the face of adversity
- Highly organised; willingness to be accountable to results
- Strong communication skills – clear & professional while understanding a wide range of cultures, functions and priorities
- Team player, assist others where needed
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THE ROLE?
- Technical or Design qualifications / education preferred
- Solid work experience in a technical and development capacity
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Knowledge of vertical retailing would be advantageous
- Strong Retail numerical acumen
- Computer literate –basic office suite. Experience working in a PLM system is preferred
- Ability to travel
A BIT ABOUT ALLSAINTS AND THE TEAM
WHY IS ALLSAINTS FOR ME?
Your career matters to us and we will do what it takes to help you on your journey in life. You’ll be challenging yourself and your leadership. The opportunities will be there and you’ll be working within an environment that rewards hard work and innovation. Internal promotion is the norm not the exception and you’ll be supported in your ambition to reach the next step of your career.
You’ll be working in our East London Studios based in London’ vibrant Shoreditch with perks and benefits offered from local businesses including discounts on food, shopping and health & beauty. In addition to this we offer competitive pay and benefits package that includes an amazing employee uniform allowance and discount.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we very much look forward to working with you.
THE ALLSAINTS TEAM
Here at AllSaints we pride ourselves on our customer centric global team and our vision to continually make the coolest clothes to evoke emotion for our customers, worldwide.
AllSaints is proud to be identified as one team; everything about our style and creativity is curated in-house, from store design and construction to our brand image & clothing design. We are truly an agile business which works at pace and takes responsibility in the work we produce.
We are a brand embarking on a very exciting plan and we are seeking new members of the team who want to contribute to this.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
Customer Centric: We work as one proud team to get the best for our customers
One Team: We are joined up and encourage others to share their ideas
Work at Pace: We know our goals, and we work with clear outcomes in mind
Take Responsibility: We are self aware, understand the impact we have on others and are positive about the future