Management Accountant (UK)
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
This role will take full responsibility for the management accounting for all stores based in the United Kingdom & Europe. The individual will take ownership for the relevant operations acting as a first point of review to ensure all sales and costs are appropriately recognised. The role reports into the Finance Manager.
- Perform month end close activities for the UK & European operations on a timely basis complying with IFRS and group accounting guidelines
- Prepare and post entries to process accruals, prepayments and other adjustments on a monthly basis
- Review and post sales adjustments where required to ensure that sales booked are accurate and cover the relevant accounting period
- Analyse costs recognised to determine if all relevant costs are captured whilst ensuring all related costs to running the UK & European operations are captured accurately
- Review operating expenditure and ensure any capital costs are appropriately recognised
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger ensuring the data is accurate and reliable
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed for all nominal codes on a monthly basis with the relevant supporting documentation
- Work closely with Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable teams to ensure source data is recognised correctly
- Prepare data for submission in relation to Office of National Statistics (ONS) and other governmental surveys
- Help implement new accounting processes and new reporting requirements where relevant
- Collaborate with other members within Management Accounting and Group function to ensure data output is coherent with the group
- Liaise with the external auditors and provide information as part of annual audit process
- Conduct monthly review meetings alongside the Finance Manager with key internal stakeholders
- Support the production of the annual budget
- Assist the Finance Manager with adhoc reporting and analysis as required
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THE ROLE?
- Part-qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience in preparing management accounts including managing large amounts of data whilst analysing data for trends
- Exposure to preparing accruals, prepayments and other adjusting entries
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to identify errors
- Ability to set and work to tight deadlines, meet deadlines whilst maintaining high quality standards
- Collaborative team player spirit who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills to help build relationships with various stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working within retail or similar industry
A BIT ABOUT ALLSAINTS AND THE TEAM
THE ALLSAINTS STORY
Founded in 1994, AllSaints has built an international team that includes some of the best global creative talent, imbued with a winning combination of business and design thinking.
The brand’s constant obsession is to deliver an immersive experience to our international customer base in a way that embraces each unique culture. AllSaints is proud of the fact that every aspect of the brand is curated in- house, from store design and construction to the East London based coding team, making AllSaints a truly agile business working with pace and integrity.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE TEAM
Career development. Your career matters to us and we will do what it takes to help you on your journey in life. You’ll have to challenge yourself and your leadership. The opportunities will be there. You will need to know what to do to take them.
In addition to this we offer competitive pay and benefits package that includes an amazing employee uniform allowance and discount. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we very much look forward to working with