WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
The Design department is the epicentre of our DNA and influences every part of our brand. We play a key role in setting the tone and direction of the brand visually, commercially and ensure that our customers receive the product they desire.
As a Senior Designer you will be part of a team consisting of two designers within the Menswear team reporting directly to the Menswear Design Director, working across Outerwear and Tailoring.
- Collaborating with the Menswear Design Director to design and develop aspirational and appealing collections for AllSaints, owning the whole process of design from conception to production.
- Undertake trend research and visit trade shows.
- Source and place sample orders of raw materials.
- Issuing of all styles with specs/swatches/layouts etc. with our Product Development team.
- Supervision of corrections to samples through production.
- Review of line with administrative team as well as sales.
- Presenting to Directors for sign-off of concept and colour.
- Building relationships with Suppliers and attending regular meeting with them.
- Supervising corrections for samples through production including approval of colours, fabrics hand-feel, washes and bulk production files.
- Lead, Motivate and develop the Outerwear and Tailoring team.
- Reviewing the collections with the Directors and the Merchandising team.
- Building strong relationships with the Suppliers and Mills, attending meetings with them.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THE ROLE?
- A strong commercial background working from conception through to production at an Established Designer level in Outerwear & Tailoring.
- Degree in Fashion Design with a specialist focus on Outerwear & Tailoring.
- Ability to work with Merchandising, Sales and Material.
- A natural at building relationships internally and externally at all levels.
- Collaborative in your approach when working in a team.
- Proven experience of working with technical team to fit all samples through to production.
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to design to price point.
- An entrepreneurial spirit always striving to do better.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident drawing by hand, but also proficient with illustrator.
A BIT ABOUT ALLSAINTS AND THE TEAM
THE ALLSAINTS TEAM
Here at AllSaints we pride ourselves on our customer centric global team and our vision to continually make the coolest clothes to evoke emotion for our customers, worldwide.
AllSaints is proud to be identified as one team; everything about our style and creativity is curated in-house, from store design and construction to our brand image & clothing design. We are truly an agile business which works at pace and takes responsibility in the work we produce.
We are a brand embarking on a very exciting plan and we are seeking new members of the team who want to contribute to this.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
Customer Centric: We work as one proud team to get the best for our customers
One Team: We are joined up and encourage others to share their ideas
Work at Pace: We know our goals, and we work with clear outcomes in mind
Take Responsibility: We are self aware, understand the impact we have on others and are positive about the future
WHY IS ALLSAINTS FOR ME?
Your career matters to us and we will do what it takes to help you on your journey in life. You’ll be challenging yourself and your leadership. The opportunities will be there and you’ll be working within an environment that rewards hard work and innovation. Internal promotion is the norm not the exception and you’ll be supported in your ambition to reach the next step of your career.
You’ll be working in our East London Studios based in London’ vibrant Shoreditch with perks and benefits offered from local businesses including discounts on food, shopping and health & beauty. In addition to this we offer competitive pay and benefits package that includes an amazing employee uniform allowance and discount.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we very much look forward to working with you.