Application Support Engineer
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organisations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge.
We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount of work to do. We’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
Our TechOps team is looking for a Application Support Engineer who understands the comprehensive and technical information about our services and products. Working alongside our Software Engineering team and Product Managers, our Application Support Engineer will focus on supporting the user experience that is driven by the development of new and innovative products, as well as enhancing existing products and technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Troubleshoot and debug application/software issues raised by end users of in-house built, proprietary software.
- Liaise with Engineering team to establish support workflows, monitor support queue for escalated issues, and optimize support platforms for data sharing between Tech Ops and Engineering.
- Verify and document bugs for tracking and escalation
- Proactively test for potential technical issues that users may face
- Maintain and contribute to an existing Knowledge Bank used by internal tech team
- Aggregate and provide key customer insights and serve as a liaison between users and Software Engineering/Product Development team
- Work closely with Software Engineering on special projects as assigned
- Collaborate with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests and prioritization
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 1+ years of relevant experience in similar roles (Customer Support Engineer; User Support, emphasis on software support)
- Have evident problem solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on excellent time management, decision-making and organizational skills
- Attained Bachelor's degree, demonstrating strong academic credentials in relevant fields (Computer Science, Management Information Services, Computer Information Systems or similar)
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and developing environment
What will you get from us
- Clear career progression
- Opportunities for training and development throughout
- High level of autonomy and ownership of role from day one
- Comprehensive company sponsored private medical scheme
- Subsidized canteen, free breakfast, Friday drinks, snacks and fruit throughout the day
- Weekly morning yoga and corporate gym discounts