Work within a Team of Leasing professionals supporting the Banc of America Leasing International platform within the Global Vendor Finance (GVF) markets. Preference is for a customer service or collection professional with related experience gained within these areas.
GVF provides customer financing programs for capital equipment manufacturers, software developers, distributors, and service providers, working primarily with clients of Global Commercial Banking and the Global Investment Banking group that have revenues in excess of $200MM. GVF's wide variety of program structures and services help our clients differentiate themselves from competitors, create incremental sales, enhance cash flows, and increase market share and profits. GVF handles transactions ranging from $5,000 to $25 million plus.
Banc of America Leasing, a line of business within Bank of America Merrill Lynch, is one of the world’s leading equipment leasing companies, with total assets of $62.7 billion and over 900 employees operational throughout the US, Canada, EMEA and Asia-Pacific regions.
This position is posted as a Senior Collections Specialist, but is flexible to be filled as a Collections Specialist based on the skill set/experience of the candidate.
Maintain asset quality by reducing the overall delinquencies through the use of sound, effective, and pro-active customer service and collection techniques. Also responsible for handling end of term lease inquiries, notifications, equipment returns and buyouts. The individual will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all assigned accounts are thoroughly worked to include prompt and consistent contact and follow-up
- Meeting all departmental goals, including overall and individual delinquency targets.
- Maintaining and meeting collection contacts/call requirements and notation in host accounting system, Alfa.
- Meeting collection targets set for late payment interest income.
- Identifying contracts that warrant further collection efforts to minimize loss.
- Promptly notifying and escalating all potential issues to management.
- Providing all customers, internal and external, professional and courteous customer service.
- Resolving accounts and working with customers to maintain a current payment status by assisting with invoicing concerns, general inquiries, and reconciling accounts.
- Assisting Equipment Management Team with end of lease inquiries & notifications, equipment returns, and buyouts.
- Employing excellent verbal communication skills, including listening, probing and negotiating with customers to create a sense of obligation/urgency to resolve delinquency.
- Maintaining an excellent rapport with vendors, credit, operations and relationship management.
- Manage risk in order to grow revenue.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting preferred.
Prior Work Experience:
- Recent relevant customer service or commercial collection experience within the EMEA geographical region; preference is for a customer service or collection professional with related experience gained within these areas.
- Proven customer service or collection skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with lease/loan operation processes to aid in account resolution.
- Ability to assist with vendor operational reviews in conjunction with internal sales and credit teams.
- Clear and articulate oral and written communication skills. Role interfaces with all levels of bank, client and vendor partner personnel.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel
- Results oriented, is able to accomplish objectives in a specified timeframe. Ability to multitask.
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated environment a plus.
- Works effectively as a team member and independently.
- Travel – 10%.
- Language skills: Proficient in Spanish, French or Italian
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.