Your tasks and responsibilities
Looking for an experienced Oncology marketing lead to join our growing Oncology business and lead the marketing and sales team through the launch of an exciting tumour agnostic medicine, the first in Europe. Bayer has an impressive Oncology pipeline and this role offers great opportunity for further career development
• Understand and analyse the Oncology market place (patient flows, clinic pathways and leverage points) and competitor environment and develop strategic plans to capitalize on opportunities and minimize threats.
• Map patients pathways and decision makers for all relevant tumour types (15+, with initial focus on lung, colorectal, paediatrics, sarcoma, saliva and thyroid cancers)
• Build expertise in diagnostics and coordinate the activities supporting the activation of the Genomic testing Hubs in UK
• Develop and implement the cross-functional strategic and operational brand plans for tumour agnostic medicine and achieve sales targets within defined budget
• Line manage the commercial team and market development manager function. Recruit and lead the Key Account Managers until a national manager is recruited.
• Manage external agencies to develop adapted global campaigns and promotional initiatives for UK and ensure sales force is briefed in line with local requirements and ABPI Code of Practice
• Manage the promotional P&I budget of 2.5 mil € annually and identify any deviations to agreed phasing and develop appropriate corrective solutions if required strategic and operational plans
• Create a standard in terms of process, tools and resources for new product launches in Oncology in UK
• Support the Business manager in the strategic planning process to define longer-term strategic roadmap for Oncology in the UK
Who you are
• Business related or life sciences degree, with over 5 years’ experience in a related sales or marketing function, with at least 3 years in a leading marketing role.
• Proven track record in successful launches in specialty medicine
• Experience in Oncology is essential, and additional experience in diagnostics would be preferred
• Knowledge of ABPI Code of Practice and other guidelines
• Strong interpersonal skill and the ability to convey complex topics in succinct presentations
• Excellent planning and communication skills fostering an agile way of working
• Proven ability to work autonomously, demonstrate strategic thinking and analytical skills applied to problem solving
• Work and lead the team to work in an agile, flexible and inclusive manner
• Strong external customer focus and digital capabilities
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities