Our Dublin team here at Beazley is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join our Finance team supporting syndicate and insurance company businesses. This role will be involved in day to day monitoring and matching of receipts and payments, identifying solutions where appropriate, bookkeeping, bank entries, monthly journals and preparing bank reconciliations.
We are looking for a collaborative candidate who enjoys working within a fast-paced team. Previous experience in a similar role is not essential, but we’re looking for a candidate with an accounting or finance degree and a desire to build a career and become a qualified accountant in a global insurance company.
We need a candidate with strong excel skills and good communication skills. Experience of using MS Office and MS Excel will be very helpful.
This candidate will get exposure to bank reconciliations, financial statement preparation, the external audit process, preparing process documentation and other ad hoc activities, and get the chance to work on projects such as the expansion of Beazley’s European branch network. You will have the chance to really develop your organisational, communication, analytical and team working skills whilst working towards building a successful career at a leading specialist insurance company.
Job Title: Syndicate / Beazley Insurance Dac (BIdac) Accounts Assistant
Reports To: As per Beazley’s organisation chart
Key Relationships: Finance team, Banks, Credit Control , Underwriters, Compliance and Auditors.
Job Summary: To support the Syndicate / BIdac Controller and Accountants in preparing financial reporting and maintaining the Books of Account for the syndicate / BIdac ledgers
- Day to day monitoring and matching of insurance receipts/payments
- Identifying and advising of corrective action where appropriate, to include posting journals using Agresso (GL Package).
- Bookkeeping, bank entries and monthly journals using Agresso
- Preparation of bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Preparation of key balance sheet reconciliations on a quarterly basis
- Analytical review of period end insurance receivable and payable balances
- Assisting in preparation of trial balances and statutory accounts
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory returns for BIdac or relevant tax authorities
- Ad hoc reporting including co-ordination and collection of information to prepare internal reports.
- Liaise with Credit Control, Treasury Team , Banks , Underwriters and Finance Teams as appropriate.
- Support Syndicate / BIdac Controller and Finance Manager with Ad Hoc requests and projects as necessary
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Talent Management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Education and Qualifications
- Leaving Certificate/ 3rd Level Degree
Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills – Excel/MS Office
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Must be able to work as part of a team
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of insurance company accounting is preferred
Aptitude and Disposition
- Self motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Proactive, self starter, seeks continuous improvement
- Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management/ colleagues/ external suppliers
- Team work
- Technical competence and expertise
- Analytical thinking/ information seeking
- Speed and quality
- Quick learner
- Strong organisational skills