Business support is responsible for the processing, custody and reconciliation of all positions held by the firm, ensuring compliance with internal and external rules and regulations. This covers all products and assets, including cash, equities, fixed income and collectives. The processes are varied and cover client and product static data, asset servicing, settlements, client reporting, portfolio transfers, fees processing, financial planning administration, operational tax and reconciliations.
We look to recruit and develop dynamic individuals at all levels who are interested in pursuing a career as operational professionals covering a wide range of functions and processes. There is a strong team ethic here, driven by a shared desire to enhance our capabilities for growth.
We now have a brand new role for an accomplished administrator who is highly organised to support the Newcastle Business Support Management Office. This support role will incorporate collating weekly / monthly MI for senior management as well as assisting the Assistant Director for Risk & Control in Newcastle Business Support with the administration around Operational events, Risk & Control Self Assessments and audit requests. The role holder will also be required to deputise and provide general office management duties such as, minutes at meetings, organising travel for Divisional Directors, keeping resource information up to date and updating the time management system.
- Understand and adhere to Risk & Control Framework and Policy Framework specific to the role in Business Support.
- Ensure work is produced to a high level of accuracy and in a timely manner and to relevant SLAs or Business Support standards.
- Escalate any issues as appropriate to management in a timely manner.
- Take ownership for your personal and professional development.
- Carry out all administrative duties in line with Brewin Dolphin procedures.
- Identify continuous improvements in working practices.
- Provide an excellent client service, delivering against expectations and keeping all stakeholders updated.
- Support delivery of projects where appropriate.
- Understand the team goals and the relationship to wider BD processes.
- Contribute to a positive working environment, demonstrating the Brewin Dolphin Values at all times.
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- Good standard of education in GCSEs or equivalent (must include passes in Maths and English)
- Higher level qualifications such as A Levels or Degree (or equivalents) are desirable
- Opportunity to study for the IOC qualification if desired
Skills & Experience
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to communicate professionally with all relevant stakeholders – both written and orally
- Intermediate level of IT proficiency desirable
- Analytical, numerical problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the Financial Services sector is desirable
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills and ability to deal with conflicting priorities
- High level of commitment during busy periods, e.g. Financial Year End
- Ability to work as part of a tight knit team and be able to respect the confidentiality of the work that the team does.
To be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your CV by Tuesday 30th July