The Application owner will have overarching responsibility for each application(s) they are aligned to.
A key part of this role will be to partner directly with Business Stakeholders to document/maintain a roadmap of change for their application(s); as such, manage a relationship with relevant third-party vendors to understand how their upcoming Features/Enhancements can unlock further Business Benefit or how Brewin Dolphin can request enhancements to achieve the same.
Once a baseline position of an application roadmap is achieved; act as a Senior Stakeholder on any Projects implementing changes to their assigned application and being the Primary contact for any vendor-lead upgrades (as required, managing the Brewin Dolphin activity to support this).
Ultimately, the Application Owner will act as the voice of ACD and the broader Technology team for their application.
1. Accountable for driving the change agenda for the application both in terms of upgrades/maintenance but also new features and functionality, all linked to business outcomes.
2. Partnering with Business Stakeholders to become a trusted advisor and support in navigating the technology function.
3. Ensuring the agreed change agenda is managed within SLA and acting as the point of escalation.
4. Constantly maintain a backlog of prioritised ‘quick win/hot fix’ features which can be delivered alongside the strategic Roadmap.
5. Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the BAU/Change budgets for their application(s); therefore, manage how ‘development’ days are reassigned i.e. when a project requires less/more development days than estimated.
6. Be the day-to-day contact for Vendor relationships associated with their application(s) and be a key stakeholder as part of the associated Service Reviews.
7. Responsible for live service i.e. ensuring that the I&O team are proactively resolving service interruptions to ensure optimal service availability and that performance/capacity requirements are being met.
8. Ensure Management Information/Business Intelligence is defined, development and run to prove the benefits associated with an Application’s Roadmap.
9. Be responsible for regular internal Communications of improvements being made to their application(s) and schedule these with the rest of the Application Owner Team so there is a constant stream of updates from ACD is available to the Technology Department other Business Areas e.g. Yammer Posts, Management Pack Updates, Videos, Demonstrations, etc.
10. Stay up to date with enhancements to platforms and industry trends, enabling their Application(s) to keep ahead of the competition via their Roadmap of change.
Degree or equivalent experience.
ITIL / PRINCE2 / TOGAF all advantageous.
Experienced in high performing cross-functional technical teams.
Exposure to wealth management / banking advantageous.
financial services experience with knowledge of the main products, services provided in these markets as well as the terminology used
a background mainly in technology and business change,
experience of working with stakeholders at every level across the organisation
ability to articulate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business needs.
good organisational skills, with attention to detail
excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, BA’s, PM’s, managers and subject matter experts.
time and resource management
excellent Stakeholder management
Will probably have:
experience supporting live Business applications
managed major incidents
have a broad understanding of financial markets, products and services
a stakeholder in managing technology risk controls and processes
worked in geographically split teams
had exposure to a variety of cultures
experience of an IT supplier/customer relationship
worked to tight deadlines with lean project teams
worked in an environment where priorities can change at short notice
worked for both a technology supplier and an end user company