Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
We specialise in helping clients protect and grow their wealth by creating financial plans and investment portfolios that meet personal and professional ambitions and aspirations. Our services range from bespoke, discretionary investment management to retirement planning and tax-efficient investing.
We value integrity and taking responsibility-as we support and protect Brewin Dolphin in all things IT. We aim to deliver exceptional solutions to help push our business towards a digital future. Our tech means our business has the capability to work even harder and more effectively for our clients and their money.
We are small enough for you to make a big impact and large enough to realise your career ambitions. If you are looking to challenge the status quo, bring innovative thinking and work with a growing high performance team then join us. Work with talented colleagues on complex problems and help us deliver the next generation of financial IT.
We are looking to appoint a BI Developer in our Technical Change and Delivery team in London. If you feel this role would fit your skills and experience we would be keen to hear from you.
You will join a small team designing and building a data warehouse covering both relational and dimensional models, developing reports, data marts and other extracts and delivering these via SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and PowerBI for Brewin Dolphin. The team is located in both Edinburgh and London. It is seen as playing a vital role in delivering a single version of the truth on our data and delivering MI & BI that will feature in enabling both operational and strategic decision making.
You will be able to take responsibility for projects over the entire software lifecycle and work with minimum supervision. This would include technical analysis, design, development, and test support as well as managing the delivery to production.
The initial project being resourced is around the development and implementation of a Data Warehouse and associated MI/BI functions.
- Interpret written business requirements documents
- Specify (High Level Design and Tech Spec), code and write automated unit tests for new aspects of our MI/BI Service.
- Write clear and concise supporting documentation for deliverable items.
- Become a member of the skilled development team willing to contribute and share experiences and learn as appropriate.
- Work within the company’s approved processes.
This list is not exclusive and you may be requested to carry out additional duties to those above.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years in SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server development.
- Financial Services experience, although preference will be given to candidates with proven experience in Wealth Management companies.
- Candidates should have worked in agile development environments.
Nice to have:
- Experience of Azure data platform including: Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Azure Data Factory
- Experience delivering master data solutions using SQL Server Master Data Services
- Good hands-on experience of T-SQL/ DAX/ MDX/ C#/ PowerShell/ SSIS
- Data Warehousing on SQL Server (preferably 2016) including SSIS/ SSRS/ SSAS (Tabular)
- Good working knowledge of data modelling using ERD/ UML
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services – code, release, and work item management
- Power BI
- Manage own workload with minimum supervision.
- Take responsibility of projects or issues assigned to them
- Be personable, flexible and a team player
- Good written and verbal communications
- Have a strong personality who will be able to operate directly with users