Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
We specialise in helping clients protect and grow their wealth by creating financial plans and investment portfolios that meet personal and professional ambitions and aspirations. Our services range from bespoke, discretionary investment management to retirement planning and tax-efficient investing.
We have an opportunity for a Change Portfolio Manager to join our team in London. If you think you are suitable with the right skills please get in touch.
This role sits within the Portfolio Management Office function. This function enables Brewin Dolphin to make informed investment decisions in the prioritisation and shape of the firms change agenda, the delivery pipeline based on the business absorbability, client impact and available resources.
- The aim of this role is to establish an effective and appropriate portfolio management office
- Manage the full portfolio view, including: - − Business & Client impacts − Financial management − Resourcing demands − Capacity planning
- Maintain the Portfolio Register to ensure it is the single version of truth
- Benefits tracking – confirm business case benefits, allocated sponsor and business area, tracking and reporting profiles
- Drive appropriate governance reporting to support the firm’s leadership to have oversight of the portfolio and delivery pipeline
- Oversee process to confirm level of prioritisation through appropriate governance including the availability of resources, and ensuring the allocation of resources are appropriate to allow for necessary strategic and operational capability
- Identify resource requirements as per the portfolio plan
- Prepare portfolio related documentation, and attend meetings regarding forecasting of prioritised projects
- Engage stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach to portfolio management is achieved across the firm. Open communication and resolution are crucial in being aware of any issues or disagreements on project priorities.
- Lead and attend meetings where necessary regarding the portfolio or projects
- Create a roadmap in line with Brewin Dolphin’s strategy and vision. Establish, socialise and maintain a governance framework to support the delivery of this roadmap
- Manage a portfolio of numerous projects, especially supporting prioritised projects and managing their interdependencies
As a manager:
- Set a clear direction and purpose for your team through setting smart objectives
- Ensure your team have regular meaningful performance reviews, supported by the correct documentation
- Help your team develop, both individually and collectively, through development conversations, coaching and feedback
- Take accountability for employee engagement
- Ensure that each member of your team is treated fairly and in accordance with brewin dolphin’s guidelines when making decisions on reward, training and competence, performance management, training needs and promotion
- You agree to comply with any reasonable instructions or regulations issued by the company from time to time including those set out in the terms of the dealing and other manuals, including staff handbooks and all other group policies
Qualfications / Personal Skills / Techincal Knowledge
- A professional qualification in Project Management is desirable.
- Degree edcucated or equivalent combination of work and experience
- A minimum of five years’ Project Portfolio experience, including providing portfolio assurance and governance
- Experience in implementing numerous project management tools and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to manage stakeholders across the business
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Analytical thinker, with the ability to think outside of the box