Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
About This Opportunity
With the firm’s strategy, the Finance department is developing and enhancing its capabilities. Recently, the implementation of new systems, a complete review of the team structure, renewed processes and greater engagement with our internal and external clients has helped drive the team forwards. This is an exciting time to be part of the firm’s Finance department and we expect new joiners to be an integral and key part of its continuous development.
About the team
The Finance department is based in our London office, with circa 28 members that all work closely together, while we work hard we also do believe it is important to have a balanced approach and there are regular opportunities within the London office to take part in sports and other social events, we also have great structure for charity and wellbeing events.
- To work with the Finance Manager and the rest of the finance team to deliver the monthly Brewin Dolphin Group financial and management accounts.
- To ensure the results are accurate, reviewed and understood in detail.
- To report, comment and then explain the numbers to key stakeholders internally
- To own components of the P&L & BS and become the expert for those areas
- Maintain cost control over those areas along with providing forecast and budgets numbers
- Educated to degree standard
- Good academic background, with strong A levels
- Looking to begin studies or recently started ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Working in small or large Financial or Management accounts teams an advantage but not a requirement
- Excel (Advanced general user, pivot tables and IF statements).
- PowerPoint- Graph and table production including waterfall charts (preferred)
- Finance systems (TM1, Pegasus opera GL, generic General Ledgers and reporting systems experience)
- Ambitious- wants to take on more responsibility quickly.
- Attention to detail
- Enquiring mind
- Problem solving
- Team player
Brewin Dolphin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and developing a diverse workforce, inclusive of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation and disability. If you have particular requirements in relation to accessibility or mobility during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will do our best to make suitable adjustments.