Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
We specialise in helping clients protect and grow their wealth by creating financial plans and investment portfolios that meet personal and professional ambitions and aspirations. Our services range from bespoke, discretionary investment management to retirement planning and tax-efficient investing.
It can be difficult for clients to see beyond the everyday demands of work and family life and take the time to look at their finances in a structured way. Our experienced financial planners help clients to develop a sound strategy for managing their affairs and safeguarding their long-term wealth.
As little as an hour with an expert financial planner can help clients to start building a solid financial plan. After they gain a clear understanding of a client’s circumstances and objectives, they will put together a detailed, personalised plan. The financial planning service spans a number of areas including: retirement/pension planning, protection (a range of financial products, such as life assurance, income protection and critical illness cover), guidance on estate planning, and tax-efficient ways of investing. Our many decades of experience mean we can help clients achieve their goals in both favourable and more challenging economic climates.
We now have an opportunity for a Paraplanner to join one of our Financial Planning teams in London. If you feel this role would suit your skills, experience and career aspirations, we would be delighted to hear from you.
- The role will involve providing appropriate support for our Financial Planning Managers, and liaise with the administration team on a daily basis.
- You will facilitate the smooth processing of new and existing business.
- You will be on hand to assist with monitoring the performance and work throughput of the administration, to ensure standards are maintained and deadlines are met.
- It is crucial that you will understand and comply with regulations and principles applying to the role and Brewin Dolphin policies and procedures.
- This list is not exclusive and there may be additional duties to perform, and the opportunity to get involved in other areas.
Core Role Requirements:
- With regards to technical knowledge, you will have a broad understanding of core Financial Planning solutions and building knowledge through exposure to client planning scenarios.
You will analyse our clients' aims and needs to construct solutions as a tool for advisors to communicate to clients.
In order to support our Financial Planners and Financial Advisors, you will produce robust financial plans and analytical information.
You will provide guidance to more junior team members and support senior team members as required to contribute to completion of tasks in a timely manner and to a high standard for the team.
You will support preparation of client review and new client meetings.
- You will have attained CII Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or equivalent.
- Accuracy, numeracy, attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to meet deadlines/work within restricted timescales
- Flexible and reliable team member
- Ability to work on own initiative to achieve required results
- Collaborative and inclusive approach to work
- Demonstrates the Brewin Dolphin Values of Genuine, Expert and Ambitious.