Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
We specialise in helping clients protect and grow their wealth by creating financial plans and investment portfolios that meet personal and professional ambitions and aspirations. Our services range from bespoke, discretionary investment management to retirement planning and tax-efficient investing.
We have a brand new opportunity for a Pensions Administrator to join Mathieson Consulting.
The role will be to acknowledge, write and peer review Expert Witness Reports written within the Practice Directions No 25 with responsibility to the Court, instructing solicitors and divorcing parties as appropriate.
We are instructed by solicitors acting on behalf of divorcing parties, to consider their pension assets, value them, and advise on various solutions for their division.
The role will be to undertake all administration tasks required in obtaining and checking pension scheme documentation for accuracy and completeness prior to its use in the writing of Expert Witness Reports by our team of Actuaries and Report Writers.
May suit an individual who:
- has worked within a private sector defined benefit pension scheme administration department.
- has worked for a large defined benefit administration company managing day to day administration for large defined benefit pension schemes.
- has worked in a public sector pension scheme administration department.
- Has worked in an IFA practice specialising in pensions.
- A confident, articulate and numerate individual with an eye for attention to detail.
- Has the ability to take ownership for their own work, ensuring standards are met and deadlines are met.
- Able to work well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated, with eagerness to learn and keep up to date with developments in the pensions and divorce market.
- Possesses a very professional, yet friendly telephone manner and is able to converse confidently with fellow professionals.
- An enquiring mind and enthusiasm and confidence to challenge data.
- Enthusiasm to develop knowledge and understanding of defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes.
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel and Access to maintain accuracy of client case records and ensure efficiency of all administration tasks.
- Reconcile Cash equivalent transfer values for public sector pensions (desirable but not essential).
- Check pension scheme documentation provided by administrators to see that it answers all questions posed to them in our request for information letters.
- Analyse member pension data for accuracy and completeness and follow up with scheme administrators where appropriate.
- Manage own workload to ensure administration team meets daily and weekly quality of service targets.
- Proof read reports before they are issued to instructing solicitors.
- Communicate with stakeholders including pension scheme administrators, instructing solicitors and occasionally Litigants in Person in a professional but helpful and customer orientated manner at all times.
- GCSE English and maths at Grade A or equivalent.
- Professional finance related qualifications within the Chartered Insurance Institute, Pensions Management Institute or other suitable bodies desirable but not essential.