Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
We specialise in helping clients protect and grow their wealth by creating financial plans and investment portfolios that meet personal and professional ambitions and aspirations. Our services range from bespoke, discretionary investment management to retirement planning and tax-efficient investing.
The investment management service we offer is called ‘discretionary investment management’ – which helps clients to both protect and grow their wealth. Our dedicated investment managers take care of everything associated with the day-to-day running of a portfolio, from determining and maintaining the most appropriate blend of assets, to monitoring and managing risk, to dealing and administration.
To ensure our investment managers make the most from opportunities that arise, our in-house research team provides award-winning analysis on individual equities, funds, fixed income and alternative investments. This invaluable resource is complemented by extensive third-party research across all asset classes from other leading investment houses.
Also in the investment management area, desk assistants support these teams with additional research and dealing.
We have an opportunity for a Portfolio Manager to join one of our teams in London.
- Understands and complies with regulations and principles applying to the role and BD policies and procedures
- Adheres to Conduct Risk standards
- Analyses client’s aims and needs to construct solutions as a tool for advisors to communicate to clients.
- If CF30 may make discretionary decisions on changes to client portfolios based on knowledge of the markets and client aims and needs. This may be under the guidance of Investment Managers or Senior Portfolio Managers.
This list is not exclusive and there may be opportunities to get involved in additional duties.
Core Role Requirements:
- Continuing expansion of portfolio management knowledge across a broad range of client scenarios and specialisms e.g. Charities/Trusts.
- May be CF30 registered to provide advice to clients on changes to their investments and portfolio construction or to act with discretion.
- Finds opportunities to share knowledge with others for the benefit of the team.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Produces proposals and analytical information to an excellent standard to support Investment Management colleagues with client advice and relationships.
- Able to review, analyse and make changes to client portfolios in reaction to market forces or changing client circumstances using own knowledge, Research Dept outputs and with the input of more senior Portfolio Managers and Investment Managers.
- Demonstrates ability to build rapport and interact with clients effectively.
- Has attained CISI Level 7 Wealth Management Masters.
- If CF30, Maintains SPS in line with professional body requirements.
- Accuracy, numeracy, attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to meet deadlines/work within restricted timescales
- Flexible and reliable team member
- Ability to work on own initiative to achieve required results
- Collaborative and inclusive approach to work