Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
We specialise in helping clients protect and grow their wealth by creating financial plans and investment portfolios that meet personal and professional ambitions and aspirations. Our services range from bespoke, discretionary investment management to retirement planning and tax-efficient investing.
We are looking to appoint a Project Manager in our Technology team in London. This will be a six month contract position, with an option to extend further. We value integrity and taking responsibility, as we support and protect Brewin Dolphin in all things Technology and Change related. Our tech means our business has the capability to work even harder and more effectively for our clients and their money. If you feel this role would be a good fit for you we would be delighted to hear from you.
The role is to provide project management expertise to various initiatives across the Technology department.
The job holder may be engaged on one or a number of different projects that are underway or planned within Technology, with a focus on KSOR (Keep the Show on the Road). The successful applicant will deliver against team and individual objectives, engaging with business subject matter experts and business owners where appropriate.
We are looking for a Project Manager with solid experience in delivering change from within the financial services arena.
The role will operate across a number of initiatives within Technology including system implementation and upgrades, operational and business process change
- To provide project management oversight for projects run by Technology throughout the full project lifecycle.
- Managing the full prject plan and task list utilising MS Project; and other tools as required.
- Managing prject resources across multiple workstreams, both within Technology and across other areas of the organisation (Legal, Compliance, Risk etc.)
- Managing and delivering within assigned budgets and timelines
- Prject reporting, scope and risk management
- Management f RAID logs and escalation as required
- Liaisn with external vendors where required
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the business and provide appropriate governance processes
- Prject meetings
- Steering meetings
- Experience of change control and release management procedures would be advantageous
- Experience of Agile methodologies would be advantageous
- Stakeholder management of subject matter experts, solution owners, business champions and other parties as required
Prince2 or ISEB qualification would be a benefit however extensive project management experience within financial services is more important.
5+ years delivering major projects within the financial services arena, with wealth management desirable
Experience in delivering solutions to tight deadlines and budgets
Experience of working with stakeholders at every level across the organisation
Experience of working both independently and a part of a team
Good organisational skills, with attention to detail
Excellent communication skills
Time and resource management
People management and motivational skills
Ability to own initiatives from start to finish working independently and as part of a project team