Brewin Dolphin now has a role for a Risk Analyst to join the team. This role can be based in either London, Edinburgh or Newcastle.
The operational risk department comprises two teams of experienced professionals whose main role is to ensure people in the business understand and take ownership of the risks they are running.
The risk advice and assurance team comprises operational risk managers who maintain relationships with the different departments around the organisation, helping them to identify and assess the risks that exist and the controls in place to either prevent the risk from occurring or to reduce the impact if the risk does crystallise.
The governance and ICAAP team has responsibility for managing the operational risk management framework, maintaining the risk and compliance database, and supporting the risk advice and assurance team. They also have responsibility for managing the ICAAP, which is a whole firm risk assessment we conduct to calculate the amount of regulatory capital the FCA requires us to hold.
The department has roles at levels from the most senior to analysts with a couple of years’ experience. Therefore, there are opportunities for operational risk practitioners at all levels.
- Support the activities of the Risk & Compliance team, champion the embedding of a risk awareness culture throughout the business and be a trusted partner to the business.
- Facilitate and support departmental, thematic, and New Products and Service Risk and Control Self-Assessments as required.
- Manage operating events, including when applicable:
- Identify issues, cordinate and obtain collective agreement and buy in for actions to reduce risk.
- Ensure CASS funding is in place.
- Ensure client cmpensation is processed in a timely manner.
- Analysing operational risk themes and drive opportunities within Risk and Compliance and in the business to improve operational efficiency and mitigate risk.
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of policies and procedures as required.
- Oversight of risk information, ensuring completeness and accuracy of data. Ensuring loss event information is captured in the accounting provisions and insurance reporting processes.
- Ensuring reporting is consistent, high quality and submitted by deadlines.
- Providing support to the Head of Risk Governance and Head of Operational Risk as required in the day to day operation of the Risk Management Framework.
- General Analyst responsibilities.
- Find opportunities to proactively support and share knowledge with others for the benefit of the team.
- Prioritise workload and identify when support is needed to achieve goals.
- Assess when to deal with an issue or when to seek involvement of a colleague (including line manager).
- Good standard of education in GCSEs or equivalent (must include passes in Maths and English).
- Higher level qualifications such as A Levels or Degree (or equivalents) are desirable.
- CISI or ICA qualifications are desirable.
Skills & Experience
- Prior relevant industry experience in for example Compliance, Risk, Audit would be desirable.
- Demonstrates good technical knowledge of regulations, and of business processes and procedures relevant to role.
- Communicates professionally with stakeholders, building positive relationships.
- Excellent administration, planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Displays enthusiasm, credibility and determination.
- Ability to grasp new ideas and concepts quickly and use them effectively.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
To be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your CV.