Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
About This Opportunity
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team in Newcastle and be part of our exciting plans to continue growing our business. We will provide learning and development and support your career progression to ensure you have the opportunity to fulfil your potential. There is also the opportunity to be sponsored through your professional qualifications as you progress. This role may suit a person with manual testing experience and a level of automation testing exposure, who wishes to expand their knowledge in this area. To find out more about working at Brewin Dolphin please visit the Careers section of our website.
About The Team
Our Newcastle office, which has a comfortable, modern working environment and culture, is located in the centre of the city. There is easy access to all public transport and ample parking facilities close by. The team you will be working in is spread across three locations; London, Newcastle and Edinburgh, and manage all testing needs across internal and third party developed projects. We pride ourselves on our continuous improvement programme, including the production of a Test Centre of Excellence. While we work hard, we believe it is important to have a balanced approach and there are regular opportunities to take part in sporting, charity and wellbeing events with your colleagues, if you would like to.
- Working in a Test Team of energetic and self-motivated testers, test leads and test managers who are based in London, Newcastle and Edinburgh
- Working alongside project managers, business analysts, software developers and other test analysts to ensure a thorough understanding of project needs and requirements
- Build working relationships with Test and Project teams
- Planning and prioritisation of work in an organised and efficient manner
- Planning and execution of tests to a specified quality standard on back office applications, front office GUI applications and websites
- Recording, documenting and publishing, using a test management tool, all the results to a defined standard
- Raising defects in a timely manner, monitoring their progress and tracking through to resolution
- Creating and maintaining automated tests against pre-defined specifications on time and to a high degree of quality
- Working as part of an Agile team, aiding in the design of acceptance criteria for test cases, identify and mitigate risks against stories and tasks throughout the sprint. Keeping in line with TDD practices and pared testing\development
- Working on projects which are Waterfall, Hybrid or Agile, depending on the requirements of the business
- You agree to comply with any reasonable instructions or regulations issued by the Company from time to time, including those set out in the terms of the dealing and other manuals, staff handbooks and all other group policies
- Programming experience in the fundamentals of C# (or Java providing can transition to C# with probation period is imperative) and solid working knowledge of Selenium WebDriver API
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to operate at any level within the company and forge strong working relationships with external clients (3rd party vendors), project team, end users and software developers
- Flexible approach and demonstrate a positive attitude, even when under pressure
- Experience of working in the Financial Services Industry (preferably Wealth Management)
- Experience of working in a regulated industry
- Demonstrate strong understanding of OOP principles and clean code concepts to develop high quality coded tests
- Demonstrable testing experience incorporating Unit testing, System testing, User Interface testing, Acceptance testing and Integration testing
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes with awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience of test management tools (Microsoft VSTS\Azure DevOps preferred)
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation qualified
Brewin Dolphin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and developing a diverse workforce, inclusive of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation and disability. If you have particular requirements in relation to accessibility or mobility during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will do our best to make suitable adjustments.