Graduate Application Consultants 2022
Location : Telford/Worthing
Start Date: September and November 2022
We are looking for amazing individuals who want to start their IT career with SAP technologies and to join a brilliant graduate programme. If you are seeking an exciting and fulfilling challenge where you will work towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert in your field, be assisting in transformational and business change, enjoy a large scope for progression and want to be part of a high performing and motivated team, then this is the programme for you.
SAP is one of the world's leading producers of software for the management of business processes, developing solutions that facilitate information flow across organisations. Providing multiple business functions that helps companies better manage complex business processes. Thus, enabling access to real-time insights across the enterprise.
Our SAP Delivery Centre is an exciting and challenging place to work, you will work as part of a team providing application support, administration and development and have a detailed training path which encompasses the relevant SAP technical qualifications and a detailed soft skills plan which is a great start to your technical career within SAP. This role will give you exposure into all the areas of SAP allowing you to have insights into what you and the business think is the right career path within SAP for you.
About the Opportunity
As a SAP Application Engineer you will part of a team that supports different streams of work.
Whether it's providing application management support within the Live Services Team or delivery
work through the Project Team, this role requires you to build sound knowledge of the specific,
implemented SAP technologies. You'll hone your expertise through frequent use of the system, as
well as training and guidance from our senior SAP consultants. You will find this is an extremely
dynamic role with opportunities to develop technical expertise, as well as the client facing soft
skills you need to excel in IT consulting.
You will be expected to:
• Gain knowledge and expertise in specific SAP technologies and modules, working closely with the functional application consultants or/and other team members.
• Become an expert in ABAP, BASIS, Security, PI, Portal, IS
• Work in a devops environment
• Work with platforms such as Azure/ Linux / Unix
Support the Live Services team by:
• Resolving incidents identified by end users
• Working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future.
• Working with the development team to implement fixes.
• Reporting to service delivery managers on deliverables.
Support the Project team by:
• Attending workshops.
• Working with the client to clarify requirements.
• Creating/updating project documentation.
• Understanding the project lifecycle and agile methodology.
• Work to deadlines and know when to escalate potential problems.
What you will bring:
• A bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject or a non-IT/Stem related degree but have
self-taught IT skills
• Most importantly, we want people with an appetite for learning new technologies and to be passionate about constant development
• Great communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills which you’ll use to engender trust in client relationships, and to build supportive and productive team relationships
• Plenty of drive, curiosity and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
• Passion for technology, desire to build an IT/SAP career, flair for solving problems, strong analytical skills
Who you will be working with
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 290,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative technologies. Capgemini believes that digital transformation should benefit all of humanity. Capgemini intends to be a benchmark in terms of its contribution to society, not just for its own activities but for those of its customers too, fighting exclusion and acting to promote diversity, ensuring equal opportunities and the preservation of natural resources. The very heart of the Group’s purpose is to build an inclusive and sustainable future for all, enabled by technology, drawing on the energy of its talents and also the talents of its customers and partners.
What we will offer you
• You will be working alongside people who are experts in different
technologies and have a wealth of technical and client experience. It is often fast-paced,
and we work in a collaborative environment. You’ll be involved from day one with a team around
you, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted.
• Long term, professional and accelerated development, and career progression, in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini.
• So, expect the training, support and challenge you need to capitalise on what makes you special – and to be able to confidently pursue the career path that most inspires you
• It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
• Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we'll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call 'Giving Back', which means you'll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, to beach cleans, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
• To be part of a 360 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are supportive and to be part of local social events, giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
Why we are different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become even more outstanding when innovation is applied to a thought-process, we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 290,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of; at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
These roles require SC clearance in addition to the standard BPSS clearance. To meet the clearance requirements, you will need to be a resident of the UK for the past five years and spent no more than 28 consecutive days outside the UK in that period, we unfortunately may not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.