Graduate SAP Software Developer Hybrid Working 2022
Location : Telford/Worthing
Start Date: July, September and November 2022
The job on offer
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 310,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative technologies. Capgemini believes that digital transformation should benefit all of humanity. Capgemini intends to be a benchmark in terms of its contribution to society, not just for its own activities but for those of its customers too, fighting exclusion and acting to promote diversity, ensuring equal opportunities and the preservation of natural resources. The very heart of the Group’s purpose is to build an inclusive and sustainable future for all, enabled by technology, drawing on the energy of its talents and also the talents of its customers and partners.
SAP is one of the world's leading producers of software for the management of business processes, developing solutions that facilitate information flow across organisations. Providing multiple business functions that helps companies better manage complex business processes. Thus, enabling access to real-time insights across the enterprise. As a SAP Technical Specialist you will part of a team that supports different streams of work. Whether it's providing application management support within the Live Services Team or delivery work through the Project Team, this role requires you to build sound knowledge of the specific, implemented SAP technologies. You'll hone your expertise through frequent use of the system, as well as training and guidance from our senior SAP consultants. You will find this is an extremely dynamic role with opportunities to develop technical expertise, as well as the client facing soft skills you need to excel in IT consulting. This role will give you exposure into all of the areas of SAP allowing you to have insights into what you and the business think is the right career path within SAP for you.
As a SAP Technical Specialist, you will be expected to:
• Gain knowledge and expertise in specific SAP technologies and modules, working closely with the functional application consultants or/and other team members.
Support the Live Services team by:
• Resolving incidents identified by end users.
• Working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future.
• Working with the development team to implement fixes.
• Reporting to service delivery managers on deliverables.
Support the Project team by:
• Attending workshops.
• Working with the client to clarify requirements.
• Creating/updating project documentation.
• Understanding the project lifecycle and agile methodology.
• Work to deadlines and know when to escalate potential problems.
• Capgemini have 7 core values which form the basis for our company culture within
our teams and there is an expectation of all team members across the company to express them
• Further to that we would like: A bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science or Business Information Systems, although it's not essential.
• Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
• Attention to detail, and the ability to interpret data and information, so that you can provide your clients and team with meaningful insights.
• Brilliant communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills which you’ll use to engender trust in client relationships, and to build supportive and productive team relationships
• Plenty of drive, curiosity and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
• Passion for technology, desire to build an IT/SAP career, flair for solving problems, strong analytical skills
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Why Capgemini is Unique
Build Experiences with challenge and impact
We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
Bring your whole self to work in an Inclusive environment
At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
Benefit from Learning for life
Benefit from learning for life with Capgemini’s unique and innovative L&D offering. This is driven by our digital learning platform ‘Next’ and our ‘Learning for all’ mindset.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.