Success in the role will be the ability to understand the client matters and resources requirements for matters and transactions, whilst identifying appropriate workloads for associates incorporating career development goals where possible.
The chance to join a leading global law firm with more tier one rankings than any other law firm. We offer tailored (international) trainings and courses to position you for success via our own Academy. Attractive working conditions and fun in a team of energetic professionals.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- To optimise the allocation of work and the deployment of fee-earners to maximise efficiency and profitability;
- To act as trusted advisor to the Partners in respect of work allocation planning and resourcing;
- To identify appropriate workload for varying levels of associates and trainees incorporating the individuals’ preferences and development goals where possible;
- To identify and implement practical solutions to alleviate over/under capacity including; mobility and flexibility within the practice, cross-practice and globally;
- To facilitate mobility and agility within the Practice area and the wider office;
- Maintaining continuous dialogue with associates in relation to work allocation planning and resourcing: listening to associates' concerns and helping associates to better understand their own time management;
- To provide forecast and actual utilisation and availability reports for the PAL and partner/counsel group plus any other ad hoc reports that may be requested;
- To take ownership of and manage data collection and reporting and to ensure the integrity of the data is maintained;
- Ensuring holidays, administration time and non-chargeable time are built into planning;
- To understand the practice area growth plans and work with the Practice Area Leaders, Head of HR and HR Business Partner Legal to ensure headcount is appropriately managed to deliver plans;
- To work with administrative support based in our Global Shared Service Centre in India to ensure that the overall resourcing view is accurate and up-to-date;
- Highlighting trends and patterns for potential resourcing issues with the aim of fully utilising existing staff within the Amsterdam office before resorting to external hires;
- To ensure any feedback obtained during the work allocation process on associates/trainees' performance is passed on to the PAL, partner/counsel group and the Head of HR and HR Business Partner Legal;
- To work with the Continuous Improvement Manager to explore opportunities for and working with Continuous Improvement across all processes;
- To work with the global Resource Management team to share resourcing request and best practice.
Skills & Experience
Your experience will have been gained in a large to mid-size commercial environment, ideally Professional Services. It is essential for you to have experience of professional career development or training or alternatively an in-depth understanding of the legal environment and the skills and personal attributes necessary to succeed in the legal profession.
will be confident and willing to engage with all levels of staff and partners.
You will need a high attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
You will be proactive and be able to demonstrate new initiatives you have
implemented. You will have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 years' work experience;
- Ability to manage resourcing conflicts and priorities;
- Commercially-minded with good operational business acumen to understand the needs of stakeholders;
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- A respected team player;
- Good analytical skills to analyse information to support business decisions;
- Good IT skills including Excel and preferably Retain (or other resource planning tools);
- Enthusiastic to take on internal Resource Management projects and initiatives;
- Highly proficient in Dutch and English;
- Full-time position (preferably).
Interested? Please upload your application. For further information please contact Ilona Douma (HR Business Partner) via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 – 711 9400.
Diversity & Inclusion is an integral part of Clifford Chance's strategy. We strive for our employees to feel comfortable and at their prime in their working environment. We believe that our continued success in serving our clients is furthered by our people being able to deliver a diverse range of viewpoints and innovative ideas. Clifford Chance continuously strives to ensure that there are no barriers to equality of opportunity. We provide opportunities for people based upon merit and we strive to treat all of our employees and job applicants equally regardless of gender, age, background, religion, political affiliation, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other grounds.
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The Firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the four key markets of the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution. Clifford Chance has 33 offices in 23 countries with some 3,300 legal advisers.
Our Amsterdam office is a challenging, dynamic, international environment to work in. Our clients represent the top of the national and international business community include financial institutions, investment banks and corporations. Quality of service and professionalism are highly valued, as are initiative and teamwork