· Prepare marketing materials for client meetings and events. Manage standard BD and marketing materials (brochures, capability statements, standard bid text and descriptions, deal lists and presentations) and ensure those “off-the-shelf” materials are kept up-to-date in both English and Chinese.
· Draft pitches and proposals (in both Word and PowerPoint), PowerPoint presentations, Vmails and other client-facing materials.
Legal Directories and Awards
· Assist the Asia Pacific BD team in submissions to legal directories and league tables, including drafting legal awards entry submissions and managing collection of regional rankings and firm accolades.
· Provide research support (together with our Knowledge and Information team) by conducting research via various firm-wide resources and external databases (MergerMarket, Capital IQ etc.)
· Stay abreast of market and industry trends, and provide competitor research to assist the China practice
· Coordinate with fee earners and Knowledge & Information team to produce and distribute external client briefing and other know-hows.
Events and Seminars
· Assist in all facets of event coordination, from drafting invitation to conducting post-event feedback sessions.
· Assist in firm’s participation in external conferences and help manage the marketing booth as needed.
· Help with the organization and logistic arrangements of overseas partner visits to China offices.
· Work closely with our HK-based PR team to coordinate public relations, media interviews and publicity opportunities.
· Work closely with our HK-based PR team and external PR firm to manage the firm's WeChat account.
· Manage the matter capture process for the Beijing office.
· Administer CRM tool InterAction including maintaining and updating client contact information and mailing lists.
· Assist in collating and tracking of proposals (GPD) and business development activities (Asia Pacific BD activities tracker).
· As a BD&M Coordinator, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude.
· The successful candidate must be highly proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese and have advanced skills with PC applications, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, with InterAction a plus.
· High attention to detail and quality, including exceptional proofreading skills, and the ability to perform under pressure with a customer service focus, a must.
· Bachelor’s Degree with 3-4 years of experience in professional services or large corporate environment.
· Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines.
· High level of maturity and confidence necessary to interact with firm lawyers.
· Team player who is also self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
· Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands or planned events including occasional off-site events.
· Previous legal marketing experience a plus.