The Business Development Senior Specialist will support business development and marketing activities for the Banking & Finance practice, providing day-to-day support to the Business Development Manager and assuming responsibility for specific sub-groups and initiatives.
- Winning new business – assisting with the preparation of capability statements and tailored client proposals; writing and maintaining business development materials such as practice group descriptions and lawyer biographies; identifying potential clients and new areas of business; and conducting competitor, client and marketplace analysis.
- Managing information – capturing deal flow information in transaction databases for league table submissions, directory listings, pitches, partner biographies, awards and other external and internal communication activities; and managing relevant mailing lists within our CRM database.
- Strategic initiatives – assisting with the project management of various practice areas, sector-specific and/or firm initiatives.
- Supporting strategic client relationships – supporting in development and implementation of strategic client plans and managing client teams.
- Marketing communications – assist with identifying opportunities to position and raise the profile of the practice and partners; assisting with the organization of client events/seminars (and staffing events where appropriate); drafting annual submissions for relevant legal directories; supporting the production of client communications including newsletters, brochures, contact cards and advertisements, etc.; developing and maintaining content for website and intranet; and assisting with the production and distribution client briefings and other thought leadership materials.
- Research and analysis – producing detailed research to support practice-specific business development and marketing initiatives, including research on clients and industries in advance of pitches and client meetings.
- Understanding the practice – working closely with the Business Development Manager, to become very familiar with the practice's offerings, clients and markets.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years' prior business development experience in law, financial, or professional services firm preferred
- Prior experience in the management of proposals required
- Superior client service skills demonstrated through:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work on proposals autonomously
- Ability to work independently
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and with lawyers of all seniority levels
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage competing needs
- Proactive and positive approach
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Analytical and research skills
- Understanding of our clients’ commercial objectives and marketplace
- Written and oral communication in Spanish a plus
- Intermediate-advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook; proficiency in Interaction or CRM systems essential
- Must be independently legally authorized to work in the United States
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
It has been and continues to be the Firm’s policy to provide equal opportunity and equal terms and conditions of employment to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, immigration status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, genetic predisposition, or any other status protected by law.
Alternatives are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system. For assistance, please email Clifford Chance's Human Resources Department.