We are now inviting applications from graduates in Spanish law that are interested in joining our Barcelona office in September 2020 for the purpose of undertaking the practical work experience (prácticas) required as part of the Máster de Acceso a la profesión de la Abogacía.
Those selected will be assigned to one of our practice areas.
What Are We Looking For?
- Studying the final year of a degree in Spanish law during 2018-2019.
- Undertaking the Master de Acceso a la profesión de la Abogacía during 2019/20.
- With an excellent academic record.
- With a high level of written and spoken English.
What Else Will We Take Into Account?
When reviewing your initial application, we will take particular account of any of the following:
- Additional graduate qualifications held by you in Business Administration, Economics or Political Sciences.
- Relevant work experience gained during your graduate studies.
- Positions of responsibility held whilst at school or university.
- Fluency in languages other than English (e.g., Mandarin Chinese, German or French).
We value the diversity of the people and cultures within our firm. At Clifford Chance people succeed according to their merits. Nevertheless, at each stage of our selection process we will be looking particularly for evidence that you are:
- Committed to a career in commercial law.
- Keen to work in an international environment.
- Motivated by intellectual challenges.
- A creative but practical problem-solver.
- A strong and persuasive communicator.
- A collaborative team-player.
- Reliable, accurate and thorough when completing a task.
What Are We Offering You?
Clifford Chance offers you a unique opportunity to experience life in an international law firm, working with colleagues from other offices in our global network and forming part of a highly motivated group of professionals, all within a stimulating and collaborative working environment.
For more information about our firm, please visit our dedicated Careers in Spain site.
How Can You Apply?
If you meet the requirements indicated above and are interested in the position, please apply online as directed below, answering the questions posed with care, and attaching your Curriculum Vitae, up-to-date academic transcript, cover letter, and any other documents that you consider relevant, including any certificates that confirm your current your level of English and any other languages.
Please note that if concurrent selection processes are taking place for similar positions in both our Madrid and Barcelona office, you may only apply for one, not both, of these.
What does the Selection Process Involve?
The selection process comprises the following stages, with the number of candidates being reduced at the end of each one:
- Meeting potential candidates at job fairs.
- Screening of candidate online applications.
- A written case study test (in English).
- An interview with our HR department.
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading international law firms, helping clients to achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the key financial and commercial markets of Africa, America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Middle East and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; banking & finance; corporate and M&A; litigation and dispute resolution; real estate; tax, pensions and employment. Clifford Chance has 33 offices in 23 countries and more than 3,300 legal advisers.
The Spanish offices in Madrid (1980) and Barcelona (1993) work closely together and play key roles within our global network.
Our Equal Opportunities Policy
Clifford Chance is committed to an Equal Opportunities policy in employment and believes in equality of opportunity regardless of gender, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, disability or sexual orientation. If you are unable to access the internet to apply for a position online due to disability, please contact our HR department.