We are currently looking to recruit an IP Paralegal to join our L&DR team. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- significant experience in trademark and patent filing practices in major jurisdictions, particularly in HK and china;
- trade mark and patent searches and pre-filing trade mark clearances in HK and China;
- trade mark prosecution matters for Hong Kong and China, including advising on official actions (such as deficiency and citation reports, amendment notices), preparing recordals of licences and assignment etc.;
- conflict work including drafting of opposition and cancellation in HK and China;
- general IP portfolio management including maintaining database and attending to renewals;
- due diligence work including conducting relevant IP searches, reviewing IP documents and compiling search results;
- domain name registration and maintenance, including liaising with the relevant registrars; and
external trade mark counsels for preparing filings outside Hong Kong.
- 4-5 years of paralegal experience
- Significant experience with PRC trademark is essential
- Drafting submissions for PRC and HK is essential
- Experience in data privacy would be an advantage
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects, and
- Experience in dealing with multiple constituencies in a demanding professional environment.