Back in 1980 we opened our Hong Kong office, our first in Asia Pacific, and today we are the leading international firm in the region.
Our track record of top-tier deals is built on substantial resources - we have over 150 lawyers and around 130 Business Professionals in Hong Kong. The city is a hub for businesses, and we reflect this by combining regional reach and deep-sector expertise in a single office.
We are a global market leader in all major areas of legal advice and a major element of its strategy is to attract and retain the best people by developing and nurturing our talent that they have.
Clifford Chance is committed to delivering the highest levels of legal service. We recognize that achieving this not only relates to the quality of our advice but extends to the way in which we deliver our service, which is why our 'Innovation & Best Delivery' Programme is a critical element of the Firm's strategy. To support our partners in designing new approaches to matter delivery, we have built cross-functional virtual teams in key centers across the globe, comprising process improvement, project management, commercial management and legal technology skills sets.
This 10-week summer internship allows students to experience projects that change the way complex legal services are delivered to our clients; working with the colleagues from Continuous Improvement, Technology, Legal Project Management, Communications, Partnership Finance and Knowledge & Information to assisting business transformation plans; and contributing to the Firm's Best Delivery strategy.
- Assist the Best Delivery team with the execution of ongoing improvement projects, their promotion and change management activities
- Perform analysis to turn internal and external data into useful insights
- Provide support in developing automation solutions to improve both legal and internal processes
- Conduct research on legal technology solutions available on the market and used by competitors
- Contribute ideas for process improvement and better ways of working within the Firm
- Other ad-hoc tasks as delegated by the team.
- Penultimate or second year students of any degree discipline are welcome to apply. Preferably with business and technology education
- Successful candidates will be commercially astute and looking to actively build their technical skills
- Eager to learn, energetic, analytical and responsive
- Strong interest in process improvement and business transformation
- Basic knowledge in data analytics, NLP, AI, RPA is advantageous
- English fluency is required, Chinese language skills preferable.
The application deadline for this role is Friday 7 January 2022.