· The Legal Compliance Officer provides advice and guidance to partners, lawyers and business services staff across the full spectrum of risk and compliance issues.
· The role holder will have a detailed knowledge of, and promote compliance with, the Firm's Professional Standards & Practice Guide ("PSP").
· You will act as the local point of contact for the Firm's Clearance Centre in the context of local Anti-money laundering and CTF rules.
· Responsible for compliance with regards to multiple policies and regulations including Data Protection, Bribery & Corruption. Report to, and liaise with, local regulators as appropriate.
· Participate in the induction process for new joiners in relation to compliance and professional standards.
· Be the local contact point, and provide input to, global and regional initiatives to ensure that local requirements are taken into account when developing new policies and procedures.
Skills and experience:
· Singapore law qualified.
· Previous experience in a law firm, bank or financial institution or similar.
· Good understanding of local bar regulations and law firms.