This is an exciting opportunity for an Associate User Experience Researcher to join our team at Creative Assembly. Your primary purpose will be to help our development teams create world class games by providing reliable and actionable feedback on game functionality and usability via user research tests on consumers.
- Communicating with development teams to gather test requirements.
- Assisting with the design and moderation of user research tests.
- Selecting and scheduling users with the team.
- Observing users and taking notes during the play sessions.
- Discussing, analysing, and collating notes into a presentable form within the team.
- Presenting results to development and management teams.
- Assisting the user research team in improving processes and methodology.
- Gaining detailed knowledge in the games being tested.
- Advocating for user-centred design.
Knowledge, Skill, and Experience
- You will have studied HCI, or a related discipline like Interaction Design to a degree level.
- Knowledge on how usability tests are conducted.
- A passionate interest in video games, as well as a good understanding of video games, genres, and key video game concepts.
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable next steps.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, meet deadlines, and juggle priorities under pressure.
- Previous experience of moderating usability tests.
- Knowledge of statistics.
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.