The team behind the multi-award-winning ALIEN: Isolation, fresh from developing Halo Wars 2 with Microsoft and 343industries, are looking for more world-class talent to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Visual Designer/Concept Artist to join team at the beginning of this exciting new project to help shape and evolve this new world into an immersive and engaging player space.
As a Concept Artist/Visual Designer for our new IP here at CA, you will already have experience of concept art/design and be able to communicate this visually through the use of 2D & 3D. Be aware of design constraints and visual direction, helping to shape and provide an immersive experience for our players to enjoy.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in collaborating closely with your fellow concept artists, along with writers, production artists, and of course designers, to gain all the information you need to create the ideal concept Design.
You will be an avid researcher, collector of ideas and be able to quickly iterate and adapt your visual designs where necessary to make concept art work that works for both design and production art.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- An excellent portfolio that demonstrates a solid grasp of visual design and presentation skills
- A good understanding of anatomy and character design skills
- Detailed concept art work that shows and understanding of material details and construction methods
- Clear sketching skills in order to quickly iterate on design work
- The ability to collaborate and work closely with multiple development disciplines through from art to design and production
- A good knowledge of composition, lighting and presentation skills
- Other requirements required are to be able to work with leads and Art Director to create a vision for this new IP
- Excellent communication skills, along with a self-driven attitude and the ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Happy to share knowledge and ideas with the team
- Good self-motivation and self-management
- Strong traditional artistic skills
- Experience of working in games
- Able to use one or more 3d or sculpting packages
- Story boarding or animatics
- Ability to create marketing artwork/imagery
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist. We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.