This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst to join our team at Creative Assembly. Your primary purpose will be to use our gameplay data-sets to produce reporting and analysis that will assist our designers in make fully informed decisions on a variety of game areas such as progression and balance.
On a day to day basis, you will be talking to the primary game designers to determine the requirements for upcoming analysis and to ensure these requirements are turned in to usable and meaningful reporting. The analysis will range from creating regular high-level reports for monitoring Key Performance Indicators to creating a bespoke piece of analysis to look at a given game system in depth.
You will be involved in making recommendations to the business to help predict the impact of changes, utilise analytic tools, identify opportunities, create and propose strategies, and drive business-focused improvements to the projects based on data.
Additionally, you will work closely with the other members of the Business Intelligence department to not only learn the current game ecosystems but also to help and assist with a wide range of potential reporting.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Expert in SQL query writing for data extraction and analysis
- Excellent Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, charting, statistical functions)
- Experience with statistical methods for data analysis
- Good understanding of video games, genres and key video game concepts (free to play, downloadable content, win/loss ratios, monetisation etc.)
- Understanding of game mechanics, design principles and player behaviour
- Excellent academic background in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics, or statistics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Able to get your point across to colleagues at all levels of the business
- Any other programming experience such as C# or Python
- Able to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Experience with reporting/stats packages (eg. Power BI)
- Exceptional problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.