We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic designer to join our award-winning team working on our Total War team. The successful candidate will develop and champion game features that make the titles engaging for our players and you will also be able offer insights that drive the way our players will want to invest in their gaming experience. The right candidate will use their expertise to design both game systems and the content that exploits those systems. The successful candidate will be working with experienced and passionate designers and be in a great position to develop their career whilst working on one of the industry’s most feature rich games.
As a Designer on the project and working with the Game Director, you will take responsibility for an area of the game. You will collaborate with the design team to create detailed feature designs and seeing them all the way through from development to final release.
You will be working together with other designers, artists, animators and programmers developing the features you are responsible for. You will also clearly communicate regular updates to the relevant discipline teams; be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- At least one shipped title
- Demonstrate a passion for all things game design and a keen interest in games development overall
- Excellent academic background at degree level or above
- A gamer to the core, and a fan of Total War series. You will be strongly motivated by winning the games you play and will be able to deeply analyse them
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products. You will be required to make recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent communicator
- Good written skills; can write clearly and succinctly
- Good attitude with regards to complex problem solving
- Good Excel skills
- An interest in history
- Knowledge of the Warhammer franchise
- Modding experience is a bonus
- VB, C++, Python, Art skills, Writing skills
- Have worked on strategy titles
- Have worked on design tools
- Experience of using metrics to improve design
- Critical thinking training
- Self-motivated, focussed, and prolifically productive
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.