This is an exciting opportunity to join the Studio Support team as a proactive, outgoing Facilities Manager at a leading games development studio.
As Facilities Manager reporting to the Head of Studio Support, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining all aspects of facilities, utilities and Health and Safety within our game development studio sites within the UK providing the very best environment for our teams to work in. In this role, you will ensure that preventative building repairs and maintenance checks are carried out, as well as managing any outsourced third-party facilities management service providers.
As Facilities Manager, you will be working alongside the other Studio Support team members to maintain and promote a highly presentable studio environment. This will include proactively managing the upkeep of the studio, organising building maintenance as and when required, managing and communicating key dates that affect the running of the studios and 3rd party contact details and their relevant contracts. You will be the first point of contact for facilities and apply a calm approach coupled with the ability to clearly communicate what is required. This is likely to involve supporting building and utility issues, security and access maintenance and you will be a keyholder and out of hours callout contact. This involves responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues until the relevant third-party contractor can attend site. You will also be required to provide any recommendations for follow up action where relevant.
You will also be responsible for repairing and/or reporting the breakdown of equipment or services. You will also need to ensure that any in-house fixes to the facilities have been implemented to a high quality standard where reasonable and appropriate. A part of this role will also involve furniture/equipment removals and assembly, maintenance of the Fire Warden and First Aider logs and work with the team to ensure building signage is up to date and compliant.
In this role, you will manage third-party facilities service providers brought in under contract such as Building & Ground, Sanitary & Utilities, and Security and Mechanical & Engineering as well as the routine Fire Safety checks and coordinate annual Risk Assessments and PAT testing, ensuring the buildings meet health and safety requirements and complying with legislation. You will coordinate, plan and communicate essential central services including but not limited to security, maintenance, cleaning, vending, waste disposal and WEEE compliancy alongside the IT department.
You will be required to manage the tender process for service providers and help manage the quality control of the work agreed by contractors with any issues followed up. There may also be opportunities to assist with build projects from design to install.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience in a hands on Facilities Management role; preferably in a multi-site, hi-tech location
- Excellent communicator
- Proactive approach to workload
- Experience with Health and Safety management including manual handling
- Budget management and reviewing tender processes
- Basic mechanical and engineering knowledge
- Experience reading schematics
- HVAC knowledge
- Experience with building fit-outs is preferred
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.