Creative Assembly is looking for an Experienced Gameplay Animator to join our Total War Animation team.
We’re looking for an animator who is ready for a new challenge and has a proven track record working on AAA titles. The key person will be an accomplished animator with a good technical ability able to craft and implement believable Human and Creature animations for use in-game.
As part of the animation team you will report to the Lead Animator. You will be driving the team to make sure the standard is always of the highest quality and responsible for creating and implementing in-game animations.
Communication, approachability and proactivity is vital in this role, as you will be expected to engage with other departments to push content and new concepts through. A deep understanding of game pipelines and gameplay mechanics is important in this position.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience dealing with gameplay animations and knowledge of implementing animations in-game
- Have an understanding of animation pipeline from conceptual phase to deployment
- Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on proactivity
- Good hand-key animation skills for both human and creatures
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well within a small team
- Ability to receive and apply critique on your work and complete tasks by the assigned due dates
- A deep understanding of game pipelines and mechanics
- Support and mentoring of junior animators on a team
- Experience of development of a title from start to finish with an understanding of the process of delivering the game
- Proficiency in Maya and/or Motionbuilder
- Experience with motion capture
- Interest in Total War GamesPlease submit a Portfolio/ Showreel link with your application to be considered for this role
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.