We are looking for a brilliant visual creative to help guide and deliver the art vision for an exciting IP title within the Total War Universe. #LGBT+Jobs
You will be working on an innovative Total War title with a small but experienced team of developers where you will have the opportunity to really shape the game. You will have the chance to develop your expertise on this unique project and work as part of a world class team.
This is a great chance to work in a small agile development team within a large studio with plenty of opportunities to have a big impact, improve your skills and further your career. We are a highly collaborative team and encourage contribution to all areas of the game. Your opinions, even outside your area of expertise, are always valued.
Working closely with the Game Director, as Art Lead you will take forward the visual creation of a rich new game experience. You will be responsible for leading, mentoring and developing the art team to create high-quality engaging, optimised visuals and player experiences.
You will take elements from concept to in-game prototype, through to final implemented efficient content. In this position, you will be working closely with game designers, programmers, artists and leadership group to achieve the projects goals.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Exceptional and demonstratable artistic ability
- Broad and deep art knowledge (art history, product design, 2D, 3D, traditional and digital)
- Interest in all things visual – animation, vfx, graphic design, film, UX
- Proven experience of leading and developing artists
- Ability to communicate effectively and openly
- Understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Two or more published console or mobile titles
- Passion for making games
- Formal art education/qualification, with a foundation in traditional and digital art creation.
- Deep knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya/Photoshop/Zbrush
- Good level of demonstrable Unity experience
- Experience working on art creation and implementation: mobile, puzzle, CCG, virtual board game or similar titles
- Avid player of mobile games and games in general
- Interest in History
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.