This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced a backend developer join the CA Live Team as Lead Programmer.
In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for the implementation of game-agnostic and company-wide online services, as well as helping ensure the game teams deliver their games on time with the services required.
In this role, you will work with game teams to ensure they have the backend services they need to support their games and workflows. You will be involved in centralised technical infrastructure for automated deployments, CI/CD processes.
In this role, you will engage your technical experience and use your excellent communication skills and clearly define and share complex design systems to non-technical teams and business leaders. You will spend time speaking with our developers and be an astute listener, extracting technical requirements from game teams and feature designs. You will also be expected to regularly take part in architectural discussions with the wider team.
You will be responsible for feature implementation and integration, remaining hands on and practical with the work on the team and share your experience of working with high-volume systems, to help provide a resilient and responsive online service for our significant playerbase.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Expert technical experience
- Proven implementation skills dependent on the problem being solved; we are running Erlang, Python, C++ and some NodeJS in production
- Understanding of whole tech stack, from design to implementation to LiveOps, plus an appreciation of how tech decisions can impact and affect other areas of the business
- Experience working with cloud/virtualised environments, and/or containerisation of services
- Desire to always improve and keep up to date with current technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Communicate complex system designs to non-technical game teams and business leaders, extracting technical requirements from game teams and feature designs
- Regular architectural discussions with colleagues
- Be able to report clearly on progress and remaining tasks
- Awareness of CA games
- A desire to remain hands-on, driving implementation
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.