As the Lead Technical Artist on our new Tactical FPS title, you have an excellent opportunity to make your mark on the new IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning console development team. You will lead a small team of technical artists and animators, bringing innovation to the project and empowering the wider art team with contemporary tools, techniques and processes.
As the Lead Technical Artist for the project, you will have significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the development of other artists. As well as managing the technical art team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for enhancing visual quality, performance and art efficiency on our project.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, solving problems across the team and sharing across the wider project where relevant. You will be able to communicate well and collaborate with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines.
You will be expected to drive new technology and art production techniques, taking responsibility for ensuring the content produced by the art department is both technically appropriate and efficiently produced. As the Lead Technical Artist, you will support & extend a rich python framework of tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of the content teams.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
- Previous experience in a technical art or lead role on multiple shipped AAA titles
- Ability to communicate effectively in across the team
- Fluent in cutting edge art authoring techniques and processes
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D software packages (Maya, 3ds Max, MotionBuilder)
- Expert knowledge of Python
- UE4 production experience
- Practical experience and a strong comprehension of PBR
- Houdini production experience
- Working knowledge of a variety of content creation software, such as; Substance, Marvelous Designer, Fusion, Marmoset, Quixel, etc.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (PyMel, Maxscript, C#, C++, etc.)
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.