Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Lighting Artist to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team and build a believable world.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
As a Lighting Artist on the project, you will have a proven track record of lighting AAA games. Working primarily with the environment team, you will be responsible for lighting our levels, contributing significantly to the overall look of the frame. Your focus will be on light placement and tuning within interior spaces, as well as post-processes and secondary effects.
You will be a competent all-round CG artist, with strong technical ability, who is able to demonstrate your comprehension of light, colour, form and composition within tight performance budgets.
Communication and collaboration are critical to the success of this role. You will be a proactive team player, working closely with cross-discipline teams to create high fidelity, believable, real-time lighting in an exciting Sci-Fi world.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Exceptional artistic ability and world-class RT lighting skills
- A thorough understanding of lighting technology – IES profiles, colour space, exposure
- A strong comprehension of PBR
- A demonstrable, working knowledge of RT post-processes and related effects relating to lighting
- A developed understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- At least one published AAA title in a lighting art capacity
- Willingness to learn, and contribute towards new tools and pipelines
- Experience with current commercial games engines
- Proficiency with off-line and real-time rendering packages
- Traditional art skills
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.