The award-winning Total War cinematic team at Creative Assembly are looking to add to its growing team. Reporting to the Principle Lead Animator, we are looking for a talented experienced animator who is ready to work within an established team.
The candidate will demonstrate a natural flare for crafting strong character narrative driven performances, with a keen artistic eye for detail, along with possessing a versatile animation skill set, complemented by good technical ability and a thorough understanding of the principles of animation. Maintaining and pushing standards to deliver high quality character animations for both human and fantasy creatures for in-game cinematics and promotional trailers created within the Total War game engine.
You will be working with the cinematic animation team to create believable, emotive character and facial animations (including lip syncing) for a wide-ranging set of characters for the Total War franchise. You will have a thorough understanding of the principles of animation, demonstrating a clear understanding of timing, weight, staging and appeal. Along with an advanced understanding of human and creature body mechanics.
Importantly, you will support the principle lead animator and mentor junior members of the team, maintaining and evolving established animation standards and applying new techniques where relevant. Ensuring assets are delivered on time – from creation through to implementation into the game engine.
You will be organised and proactive in problem-solving and be able to communicate well with the cinematics department and other departments within the Studio. You will also possess an all-round solid technical ability with experience in handling and editing motion capture data.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A proven track record in dealing with both cinematic and in-game animations.
- Have related in-engine experience along with an understanding of in-game cinematic tools and applications.
- Strong hand key animation ability, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of complex body mechanics for both human and creatures.
- Ability to manipulate and edit motion capture data.
- Facial and lip-syncing animation experience for both human and fantasy creatures.
- Be proficient in Maya and Motion Builder.
- Excellent artistic eye for cinema, scene composition and storytelling
- Have a solid understanding of camera narrative and the film making process.
- Work well within a team and be an active team player, having a can-do attitude.
- Be able to demonstrate all round creativity, artistic ability and imagination.
- Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects
- Formal art training
- A love of games
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.