Creative Assembly are looking for a Senior Network Technician to join our in-house IT team at our world class UK studio based in Horsham.
In this role, your core responsibilities as a member of our agile network and security team will be to monitor, maintain, harden, and improve our current cloud, network, and security infrastructure. Also, a key aspect of the role will be to manage documentation, governance, and procedures to improve the training and security CA offers to its staff. This will allow our game developers to create great games, knowing their infrastructure is taken care of and provide a wealth of knowledge they can tap into regarding the ever-changing dynamic of technology and video games. It is essential to have good organisational and communication skills as you’ll be interacting with CA users and other IT staff daily. You will draw on all your knowledge and experience to bring innovative and elegant solutions to the studio and work closely with the IT Director on the technology we use for our infrastructure.
As Senior Network Technician, you will work closely with the whole company. You will be involved in delivering and administrating the key infrastructure that runs the studio. You will be expected to project manage to achieve your goals; this will require an amount of independence as well as working within a team. We are also working with newer and innovative technologies, so a large part of the role is to understand and maintain the focus of our projects and triage the challenges presented to us by a busy studio on a day-to-day basis.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Understanding layer 2 and 3 infrastructure and protocols
- Proven track record in large project delivery and customer service
- Understanding of GDPR legislation
- Excellent communication skills and understand user needs to relevant team members as well as senior leadership
- Excellent prioritisation skills and able to problem solve in a fast-moving environment
- AWS administration and security
- Solid understanding of Cisco networking products and technologies
- Experience with GDPR
- Experience with SolarWinds, Zabbix, and Kibana monitoring and logging systems
- Understanding of internal storage and server architecture
- Experience with Palo Alto layer 7 firewalls.
Please note: you must have the Right to Work in the UK for this role.
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.