Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced and creative Senior PR Manager to join the team, working on our new console development project. In the role of Senior PR Manager, you will lead the strategic planning and execution of PR campaigns for our brand-new, exciting FPS IP.
In this role, you will be working closely and building relationships with SEGA PR, our in-house Product Managers, our community team and our talented dev teams as well as various external agencies. In addition to this, you will be the Creative Team Lead for the PR & Events team on this IP, monitoring trends, speaking to external agencies and providing the team with insights from across the entertainment and tech industries.
As much as experience, we’re looking for a candidate who’s capable, adaptable and able to foster positive relationships everywhere they go. Someone who’s equally at home making long-term plans and executing short-term activities. We’re also looking for a grade-A communicator, someone who’s able to craft unique and compelling press materials, and routinely communicate successes at all levels.
As the Senior PR Manager, you will own the strategic production and deployment of the PR Plan required in shaping this new, exciting IP across multiple territories. You will build relationships with agencies, delivering briefs to deliver creative and engaging PR campaigns, covering all media mix (print, broadcast, web), that are scalable. You will be working in collaboration with the wider PR and Marketing team at CA and campaigns will be executed in close collaboration with strategic direction from the Brand Director, and Senior Brand Manager, and through implementation with the central marketing team. To be successful in this role, you will need to develop close working relationships with media, our audience, brand team, studio teams as well as the larger SEGA corporate and local territory structure, whilst understanding global and local campaign timings and needs.
As a key member of the team and project, you will coordinate, produce and distribute written PR materials (e.g. press releases, developer information, Q&As, story ideas, etc.), as well as the creation and coordination of artwork, code and other material assets (e.g. press kit, etc.). Holding yourself to high standards, you will ensure that the planning and implementation of these and other initiatives (e.g. press conferences, events, etc.) are delivered with highest quality and accurate media exposure.
In the role of Senior PR Manager on the project, you will be responsible for the promotion of our internal development teams via territory tours, events and studio visits (responsible for some related admin e.g. organising flights, hotels, entertainment etc.). You will also create content and materials supporting internal, trade or customer meetings / exhibitions and personal attendance at such events throughout the year. You will also track and manage localisation of PR assets for press kits and events
You will analyse and communicate coverage results to the relevant teams both internally and externally where relevant. You will also compile and analyse regular reporting on the sales and promotional performance of product through and beyond launch, offering informed criticism and recommendations for future development of the IP with consideration for Studio and Business goals.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Solid experience in a PR or related work experience with AAA, (multiplatform) titles – preferably in the videogame industry
- A motivated self-starter with excellent project management and planning skills
- Leadership skills to run, manage and drive a team to success
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills with the ability to build productive relationships – particularly with the development team
- Proven skills in creative thinking
- Commercial outlook - pragmatic and reliable
- Passion for all forms of entertainment (video games would be an advantage)
- Current and on-going knowledge of gaming & entertainment industry trends, competitors, platforms and campaigns
- Current and existing contacts within the videogame industry
- Wealth of existing contacts and relationships with media, influencers and content creators across the globe
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.