Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Animator to join our talented team at Creative Assembly, your mission is to empower our animators and artists to create visual excellence, pushing our games to the next level.
As a Technical Animator, you will work with the animation and engineering teams to devise animation solutions and pipelines, create rigs and assist in developing our animation workflows.
A key part of this role will be to define, create and maintain a rich set of in-house tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation and art teams. You will be expected to drive new technology and the development of animation systems, providing support for runtime solutions.
You will be able to communicate well, solving problems and collaborating with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience in a technical animation role in a game development environment
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Expert knowledge of Python and PyMel
- Proven skills and experience in Character pipelines and workflow
- Proven skills and experience in Maya rigging techniques
- Experience using blendtree and state machine systems
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Pro-active communication and problem-solving skills - both within and outside of your department
- In depth knowledge of Motion Builder
- Experience with Maya C++ API
- Experience with Motion Capture processes and pipelines.
- Proven skills and experience in facial rigging
- UE4 production experience
- Understanding of 3D maths (linear algebra, vector and matrix maths)
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.