You will be part of a dedicated Technical Art team working on the award winning Total War series. The team is focused on improving the quality and efficiency of creating art for our games and you will be a key part of helping the artists realise their vision in the game. This role will have you in contact with many different areas of art production and you’ll be contributing significantly to our art pipelines.
As part of the Total War Technical Art team you will build and maintain art content pipelines and develop technical solutions to facilitate our artists in producing world class content for our games.
Day to day you will work on planned pipeline changes and improvements, as well as supporting the art team with ad hoc assistance as required. You will work on a variety of technical areas, from creating standalone scripted tools, building integrated toolsets within DCC software, authoring in game shaders, writing technical documentation and measuring game performance.
You will also be a bridge of information between artists and programmers, assisting with communication and streamlining problem solving for both sides when required.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- In depth knowledge of 3ds Max (or similar 3D package)
- Proven experience with scripting languages – e.g. Maxscript; Mel; Python.
- Solid understanding of content pipelines
- Good communication skills and teamwork
- Experience working in game development as a technical artist
- Passion for problem solving and making games!
- Working knowledge of Substance (Designer and Painter)
- Experience with general purpose programming languages – e.g. Python; C; C++
- Experience authoring shaders
- Understanding of rendering techniques such as PBR
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.