Join our multi-award winning Total War team as a passionate Trainee Cinematic Animator.
As a Trainee Cinematic Animator, you will develop your already established strong animation skills, learning to craft convincing character performances for camera. This is an opportunity to gain experience with storytelling through visual narrative and composition and be mentored in using industry standard 3D packages and inhouse tools. The role will also incorporate the opportunity to showcase your broader art skills working on marketing content such as posters, screen shots etc across our current Total War projects, gaining insight on content from beginning to completion.
The traineeships will run for one year onsite at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
These traineeships are paid placements and all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
In this role, you will create character animations for in-game cinematics and marketing promotional material. Through supervision and mentorship, you will develop your natural storytelling skills, learning camera composition, lighting, editing and everything in between. Working closely with your mentor, you will learn to work within set time constraints and to hit our quality benchmark. You will take on board and implement feedback as appropriate
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A demo reel showing an understanding of the main key principles of animation. Your reel must include examples demonstrating a clear understanding of timing, weight, staging and appeal along with incorporating a character performance to an audio track.
- Good artistic eye for cinema, scene composition and storytelling
- Formal art training
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Premiere, photoshop
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Some exposure to motion capture, and willingness to working with and learn about this particular area of animation
- All round art ability
- Passion for computer games
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.