Our multi-award winning Total War team is looking for a passionate Environment Artist to join as a trainee.
As a Trainee Environment Artist, you will be mentored to develop your modelling and level creation skills on our current Total War projects with the opportunity to gain insight on content from beginning to completion.
The traineeships will run for one year onsite at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
These traineeships are paid placements and all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
As a Trainee Environment Artist, you will be involved in many aspects of environment design, from creating in-game models to white boxing and polish levels and everything in between. You will work closely with your mentor, learning to work within set time constraints and hit the quality benchmark. You will take onboard and implement feedback as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A creative portfolio showing real-time 3d game assets and environments
- Working knowledge of Max, Maya or similar
- Working knowledge of Zbrush and photoshop
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Proficiency with Substance Painter
- Understanding of the interplay between game mechanics and game environments
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.