Who are we?
Here at Carat our people are put first; working from a beautiful open-plan office based a stone’s throw from Regent’s Park which is surrounded by cafés and restaurants, so you’re never short of something to get for lunch.
Carat’s mission is to Redefine Media. We achieve better business outcomes for our clients through the command of media convergence. Established in 1968 as the world’s first media agency, Carat is part of Dentsu Aegis Network, the global communications network, Innovating the Way Brands Are Built. Consistently at the top of RECMA’s Global Qualitative Evaluation ranking, Carat serves clients in 150 countries via a network of more than 9,000 talented staff.
Our war cry is MAKE BRAVE HAPPEN, our people work by this mantra and it has accumulated in a culture where you are supported, pushed and developed.
About the Client Director Role
Carat UK are on the hunt for an exceptional Client Director to work on one of the largest and most famous brands in the world – XBOX!
This role will work as part of the wider Microsoft team and you will be responsible for the running of the day to day delivery and management of the account, and critical client contact within the UK.
Xbox follows am innovative, digital first approach, so a solid grasp of the evolving digital landscape is vital although a good understanding of offline media (especially AV) would be a plus. The ability to manage multiple relationships and stakeholders across creative and media (client and across the DAN network) in the US and UK (and occasionally some other markets) is crucial to be able to deliver this.
Working alongside the Client Partner, you will be expected to help raise awareness of the UK team as the lead market outside of the US as part of the global Microsoft community. The ability to manage multiple relationships and stakeholders in the US and UK, across creative and media (both client and agency) is key in the ability to deliver this.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Translate agency strategy into innovative client plans that excite clients, create value and deliver ambitious incremental income
- Work collaboratively with all internal teams with DAN to deliver high quality measurable and effective work
- Manage your team to ensure they build strong relationships with their counterparts at the creative agency to deliver innovative media plans and demonstrate outstanding client service.
- Immerse yourself and your team in the clients’ business to intimately understand their challenges, objectives, external economic environment, competitors and relevant partner agencies. By getting under their skin we will understand how we can help their business grow.
- Support the Client Partner to challenge and probe client briefs. Make sure team has complete clarity and agreement on client objectives. Take total ownership of some briefs all the way through to activation.
- Work with Client Partner and Client MD to deliver excellent client service
- Act as a business adviser to your clients
- A passion for cross channel media planning
- A passion for delivering exceptional & innovative media plans
- Enjoys building relationships with clients
- A curious entrepreneurial mind
- Extensive media planning experience within an agency environment
- You will be an inspiring leader
- Ambitious and committed!
But, what can we offer you?
We are committed to creating a great place to work, so you’ll also get the little perks such as free toast in the morning, team days out, kitchen’s with free fruit, teas and coffee, 2 extra days’ holiday to get involved with charity work and you always get another day off for your birthday! But most importantly you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team culture, and you will work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed!