Skills & Requirements
- Drafting and negotiating of corporate and commercial contracts, mainly affiliate sales but also advertising and general issues (such as piracy and bad debt) relevant to a broadcaster across the EMEA region.
- Primary responsibility for sub-sections of EMEA region reporting into Director.
- Provide back up support to other members of the legal department as and when required (capacity permitting).
- Ensure that proper support is provided to the rest of the legal team.
Skills & Requirements
- Good commercial knowledge essential - must have a deep understanding of the impact that deals potentially have on other business or revenue streams so as to involve other parts of the business as appropriate.
- Must be UK (or comparable jurisdiction) qualified lawyer - excellent academics; training and experience at top City (or equivalent) law firm an advantage.
- Post qualification in-house affiliate sales experience with a Pay TV broadcaster would be ideal.
- Ability to work autonomously on complex deals and to own key internal commercial relationships - there will be supervision and support but no micro-management.
- Negotiation skills must be proven - to deliver both proper legal protection to the company and excellent commercial results.
- Flexible and pro-active approach to work, including a recognition that some work may be needed to support key deals out of usual working hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work effectively at all levels within the company.
- Clear and concise communicator (both orally and written) - ability to present and distil legally complex issues into legally compliant but practical and commercial solutions, in a way that engages the key stakeholders.
- Well organised and attention to detail: this role requires focus and energy.
- Posess the maturity and foresight to keep the Legal Director informed on workload and
escalating issues to them where risk is high in deals being worked on.
- Extremely professional: calm under pressure, clear thinking, well organised, proactive and grasps concepts quickly.
- Will be a key provider of day to day support to all members of the EMEA team so must be a good team player, and have flexible, hands on approach.
- Inclusive behaviour - ensuring that all key stakeholders are consistently kept in the loop.
- Ability to manage own time judiciously and deal effectively with competing interests.
- Confident, sociable and ability to interact with clients from different cultures and backgrounds.