Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
- Manage the strategic direction of the Discovery Global Operations Center (DSOC) and collaborate with the Manager of Corporate Security in Knoxville on DSOC operations to include the expansion of programs, operations, training and resources.
- Responsible for providing production, talent and event risk management services in coordination with VP, Global Safety & Security to support Discovery Network's overall operations. Includes consultation and support to production/talent management and Network executives on production risk assessments, mitigation measures, incident response and protection of brand reputation.
- Responsible for security and safety procedures in U.S. offices to include collaborating on security system standards and management of the Discovery's global proprietary access control and CCTV systems for domestic and international offices. Includes coordinating efforts with office managers, facility representatives, IT, Technical Infrastructure, building management, consultants and security integrators.
- Manages Office Vulnerability program for U.S. offices from establishing baseline standards to overseeing Facility Risk Assessments, summarizing findings and developing recommended action plans.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating global safety, security and risk management programs, information and procedures on company portal, Work Place; includes developing training programs and presentations for delivery to global stakeholders and business units.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, selecting and managing security and risk management vendors for products and solutions to include onboarding in collaboration with Procurement.
- Manages internal and external investigations and due diligence in conjunction with corporate governance and as required by Discovery business units; includes management of Network and Talent management investigative requests.
- Serves as the security lead for U.S. based employee travel and collaborates on Discovery's global travel risk management program; includes contributing on risk mitigation strategies, global monitoring, crisis preparedness and response for international travel and assignments.
- Supports the management of Global Safety & Security risk management resources and systems in the areas of investigations, strategic intelligence and threat monitoring, safety management, mass notification and documentation retention.
- Assist with the management of the Discovery Safety Program for the U.S. to include the development and implementation of safety policies, training initiatives, safety committee representation, tracking, budget management, incident reporting and response; involves collaboration with U.S. facilities representatives.
- Provides on-site security support for domestic and international events and assists with the development and implementation of safety and security response procedures.
- Collaborates with and provides support to internal departments for policies, procedures and programs as needed.
- As required, provides consultation and risk mitigation support for Executives, production and talent related issues, incident response and event management.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with domestic law enforcement agencies and global intelligence organizations and resources.
- Participate in training, webinars, programs to stay abreast of emerging issues, safety regulations relating to the TV & Film industry and safety compliance.
- Participate in special projects and performing other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree; at least 7+ years of direct experience working in a security, intelligence, risk management and/or analytical position working in a multi-faceted role with increasing responsibility.
- Possess high-quality analytical skills, a global perspective and excellent relationship management skills to understand the impact and sensitivity of security issues; ability to effectively manage change in strategic or tactical plans.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, follow detailed procedures, and have excellent customer service skills; able to work collectively and independent of supervision.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills to interact and network with all levels of the organization; includes briefing management on status of security issues.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous priorities, complex situations and client requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Proven ability to interact with law enforcement and security personnel and intel sources in government, private sector and contractor community.
- Security management ASIS (CPP, PSP, PCI, APP) or Crisis Management (CMCS, CEM, ICS) certification or other industry specific certifications relevant to the position.
- Previous experienced and relationships with relevant security organizations (OSAC, DSAC, ISMA, ASIS, ATAP, etc.) or other intel sharing communities.
- A working knowledge of TV &Film risk management process and mitigation strategies specific to the industry.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles