eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay, a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Primary Job Responsibilities: Do you want to make an impact on the world's largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are looking for a back-end software engineer to work in the Protections product development team that builds applications for eBay marketplaces After Sales areas Cancel, Return, eBay Money Back guarantee, Payment Disputes, Feedback and Seller Standards. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely talented peers in a fun environment building world class risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
As part of the eBay initiative to ‘Intermediate Payments’, you will be working closely with Payments teams and revamping a significant part of Buyer Protections. In addition, as part of the Trust initiative we will be revamping Feedback product & improving Post-Transaction Experience.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Work on new and existing product initiatives and be a driver in the definition of product direction.
- Partner effectively with product management, QE, partner teams.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development principles and product goals
- Understanding of software design and development practices, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience in object-oriented design methodology and large scale application development in Java (or any other object oriented language)
- Excellent understanding of web technologies, distributed systems and service oriented architecture along with web services and related standards like REST/JSON
- Relational database and SQL development experience. Understanding of NoSQL databases.
- Experience on HTML 5, CSS 3.0, NodeJS is a plus.
- Experience with big data solutions such as Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Storm etc. is a plus.
- Self-motivated and fast learner. Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- BS (Computer Science) or other equivalent technical degree + 2 years experience or M.S (Computer Science)
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement